Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-13-2022, 09:51 AM
Banned

If I've been soloing a camp for at least an hour, and someone runs up to me and asks me how much longer I'm going to be - that's usually a good time for me to take a break.

"One more kill and the camp is all yours, friend."

Probably why I will always be poor - but I don't have any enemies either.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the difference between the autistic, toxic fucks and everyone else. I've come up on several camps where the mobs were up and someone had died (me seeing their fully clothed corpse). Not only do I never take their camp, I usually help them set up if they need some assistance so they can get going again.

It's people that butt fuck other players as the reason we even have rules like this. Imagine a server where people weren't pieces of shit. You wouldn't even need these kinds of rules because most normal, well-adjusted individuals would realize it's a game to relax and play. Helping other people was what made the EQ community different from others, but P99 is left with the dregs of the man-child social rejects that somehow as adults average 10+ hours of play each day.

</untrigger>
I mean yeah, sure, but I was just clarifying the technical rules in case someone reads this thread and thinks they get to keep a camp even if they die.

I think it also depends on the camp in terms of whether people will take it if you die. The vast majority of camps people will do what you said in terms of helping etc. But certain other camps that's not gonna happen...for instance, I highly doubt if you had a duo/trio ready to do Fungi King and the people camping it wiped that you would help them reclaim the camp lol
Old 09-13-2022, 01:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah, sure, but I was just clarifying the technical rules in case someone reads this thread and thinks they get to keep a camp even if they die.

I think it also depends on the camp in terms of whether people will take it if you die. The vast majority of camps people will do what you said in terms of helping etc. But certain other camps that's not gonna happen...for instance, I highly doubt if you had a duo/trio ready to do Fungi King and the people camping it wiped that you would help them reclaim the camp lol
very true. but I would also like to clarify, that the cleric, and the person I talked with (necro) both did not have a corpse anywhere near the camp. I even say I pulled trash to test level of pets.
Old 09-13-2022, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean yeah, sure, but I was just clarifying the technical rules
I didn't mean you specifically, just the behavior of people over the years has required us to make rules to prevent people from being shitty to settle disputes without GM interference, hence lawyerquesting.

I personally don't care enough about this game to be that guy. I'd probably still give up the fungi camp, or at least let them set back up because pixels just aren't that important to me. Thats probably why I've never had a fungi on P99, and probably never will. There are other days and other times to camp stuff. I'd rather make friends and have a good time than make enemies and being another fuckass on the server.

There's a reason everyone hates Detoxx and people like him. If this was my server, I'd ban the assholes without question and clean up the trash that have ruined the server for more than a decade. This is something TAKP does well.
Old 09-13-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
very true. but I would also like to clarify, that the cleric, and the person I talked with (necro) both did not have a corpse anywhere near the camp. I even say I pulled trash to test level of pets.
Yup. Typical Castle people. They were pissed that you were there before them and tried to take the camp.

Were you anon? In my experience I’ve found I run into less jerks when I’m not anon because for certain camps people will /who the zone before traveling there to see if anyone could be camping what they want. I find people can be way more aggressive if they’re annoyed they travelled because a bunch of anons were in there that they couldn’t see. Whereas they won’t bother if they can see that someone is likely camping what they want.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:54 PM
Banned

You’d want to do a /who and make sure they are still online if u see their clothed corpse and wanted to let them take their camp back. I know I typically log out in anger after each death and take some time off because I probably died to some bullshit

As a member of castle I am very excited to start jacking all your camps as soon as I can figure out what those are
Old 09-14-2022, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you die you lose camp
If you never engage the mob, you don't own the camp.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:45 AM
Banned

If you never play the game, your neck gets shaved
Old 09-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

if you never read, you wont see this bullshit thread
Old 09-16-2022, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you never engage the mob, you don't own the camp.
Huh?

If you show up there and no one is there and you sit down and summon a pet then you’ve claimed that camp unless you then sit there for like several minutes not doing anything