Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Kobold

That's why I ignore all these creationist/history paralleling retards on here. Your arguments/explanations have nothing backing them and they are all rhetorical fallacies.

The bible is not a history book.

[Sun Mar 10 21:52:52 2013] Merkk's spell fizzles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan View Post
Merkk fizzles.
http://www.eccezan.com/
Old 05-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

OP is right. I'm glad I went out of my way to read his post today with no facts to support your evidence and him being a credible source in the matter. I don't know what I would of ever done with my belief towards the Bible if I didn't come by this post on an emulated server board with your superb knowledge.

Let's not even put by us also the many historical facts that HAVE been pointed out to of existed in the bible.

Science has also proven that a God could/may exist based off the fact that with the advancement in technology, that one day man may be able to perform these so called miracles and works of gods like the creation of a planet (not really what OP was about, but thought it was pretty interesting).

In the end, OP is a genius, more of the World needs him, because without him and his wise knowledge, we are all going to decline down this belief that everything that happened in the Bible is true.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanitorGotGriefedOffBox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a lot of historical events referenced in the bible.

You can't ignore them because you hate Christianity. (Well, you can. But you'd look like a Jeremy)
Spotlight + ad hominem. "The bible has some history, therefore it is a history book."

"Your arguments don't matter because you hate Christianity."

Stop appealing to fear.

Quote:
Merkk fizzles.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

best part of all of this is that all of us have faith/trust in that we're correct. believing in nothing or believing in something is still believing.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best part of all of this is that all of us have faith/trust in that we're correct. believing in nothing or believing in something is still believing.
Ok? The fuck does that matter?

Quote:
Merkk fizzles.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spotlight + ad hominem. "The bible has some history, therefore it is a history book."

"Your arguments don't matter because you hate Christianity."

Stop appealing to fear.
Many things are just theories in the world yet we choose to believe that are actually true. For example, there has never been any proof that the idea of tectonic plates is actually what is really happening, yet, that is our answer to why all the random crap involved with them is happening. We throw it down in our books in school to study, it even has some sort of "history" behind it. Should we also throw that out even though its a logical sound reason though it has no actual evidence and may be completely wrong?

I don't know where you are trying to get out with your random comments.

Stop appealing to bigotry.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many things are just theories in the world yet we choose to believe that are actually true. For example, there has never been any proof that the idea of tectonic plates is actually what is really happening, yet, that is our answer to why all the random crap involved with them is happening. We throw it down in our books in school to study, it even has some sort of "history" behind it. Should we also throw that out even though its a logical sound reason though it has no actual evidence and may be completely wrong?

I don't know where you are trying to get out with your random comments.

Stop appealing to bigotry.
You're jumping to conclusions and assuming here. First of all, I'm not trying to get anything out of my "random comments" - I'm simply presenting how I view all of these people using the people as a history book. I feel that my stance has a nice logical backing behind it, and I stand by it.

Secondly, never once did I say we should throw anything out anywhere. I may have said that in posts in the past, but that was purely out of trolling given the thread contents. Since this thread is more serious, I'm giving some serious responses.

Hope that helps clear up the assumptions you've got going on there, I'm no bigot. People can practice whatever they want, I don't care, but I do appreciate facts.

Quote:
Merkk fizzles.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Kobold

*using the bible as a history book

Sorry, typo.

Quote:
Merkk fizzles.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're jumping to conclusions and assuming here. First of all, I'm not trying to get anything out of my "random comments" - I'm simply presenting how I view all of these people using the people as a history book. I feel that my stance has a nice logical backing behind it, and I stand by it.

Secondly, never once did I say we should throw anything out anywhere. I may have said that in posts in the past, but that was purely out of trolling given the thread contents. Since this thread is more serious, I'm giving some serious responses.

Hope that helps clear up the assumptions you've got going on there, I'm no bigot. People can practice whatever they want, I don't care, but I do appreciate facts.
Oh I understand, sorry for jumping to conclusions.
Closed Thread