Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2023, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Default Sharing accounts should be bannable

Quote:
Additionally, those found guilty of defrauding others by taking advantage of shared accounts will be met with disciplinary actions.
P99 staff shouldn't be policing account sharing at all. Classic era sharing accounts would get you banned. If you told staff you shared your account info and someone stole your gear they would say thanks for telling us and ban you. The pressure to share account info and "be a team player" by logging into multiple accounts to do whatever guild tasks as needed is stupid. It is extremely common here and people shouldn't be getting pressured like this. Encouraging someone to give account info, share accounts, or login to one of their accounts should get that person banned.

That's all. Just another tip for making things better on P99. I recommend staff stop embracing things like this. Players should know they will be banned if they do this and that reporting someone "defrauding" you will just confirm you broke the rules. It was a classic rule for a reason.

It took years to stop the EC tunnel account trading/selling when that was allowed, P99 has a history of openly allowing this kind of thing. You learned their lesson with that one. You should also put an end to this, not endorse it and offer to help if they can. Accounts should belong to players, not guilds.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

yep

100% agreed
Old 04-14-2023, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

What lesson did they learn?

Account selling was no big deal. Server ran smooth and fine, no issues really resulted from it.

The RMT side of things is a different story. But buying and selling accounts for plat on p99 was perfectly fine and common here for a good while.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What lesson did they learn?

Account selling was no big deal. Server ran smooth and fine, no issues really resulted from it.

The RMT side of things is a different story. But buying and selling accounts for plat on p99 was perfectly fine and common here for a good while.
Those who had the Plat to buy accounts were majority the ones doing the RMT in the first place, so they linked anyway. Either way...not classic, just like account sharing. No one should have such an advantage that they can just pass off their account to someone else to hold a camp they haven't gotten their item from yet. And is incredibly easy to confirm by staff whether or not someone logged in from the same place or not after 'disconnecting'.
Old 04-15-2023, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Account sharing creates all sorts of problems.

I don’t even know why we want guildbots for instance.
Old 04-15-2023, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Account sharing creates all sorts of problems.

I don’t even know why we want guildbots for instance.
I like that bots give players access to content they may not be levelled or keyed for as well as making raiding accessible for someone who isn’t able to keep a toon of their own on park.

That said, bots do seem to be taking over.

At the moment guilds are putting immense pressure on levelling and gearing bots.

Who even owns the guild bots? Many get very well geared but then disappear in the constant cycle of guild mergers etc.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-15-2023, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who even owns the guild bots? Many get very well geared but then disappear in the constant cycle of guild mergers etc.
how to get an alt leveled and geared for free off of the backs of no life neckbeards
Old 04-15-2023, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

I dunno if it’s particularly good for newer players either.

“Oh, welcome lvl 46 paladin! Glad you want to raid with us. Now log onto a bot and get on the chain.”

“Anyone wanna help me get my little Cleric a Verix medallion? Last part.”
- Guild: *crickets*

“Oh look a VS wizard staff!”
*new wizard goes all in with his 50 dkp*
* guild bot bids 60*
(Ok, hopefully only rarely happens)

Guilds being able to slap down bots on location means engages are also faster and FTE is the deciding factor more often than it should be instead of mustering.

Bots also devalue the cleric and wizard class and facilitate ToV bind where the wizard guild bot lives.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

hey look its op bitching about another thing thats never going to change
Old 04-15-2023, 08:58 AM
Banned

I also agree account sharing should be banned but yeah I dont see how it can ever happen.

It really is annoying as shit though. Every single raid guild I've been in, most of the really active players in the snooty upper clique share their accounts, so when I see them online I'm only ever like 25% sure it's actually the real person. You send them a tell "Hey you ready to do that thing we talked about?" and they're like "what? this isn't soandso..".

Account sharing with the /list system is the only thing I feel like they could fix relatively easily. If your IP changes, you get booted from the list. Obviously there are still ways around it, but it would certainly reduce the problem.