Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Banned

Default Spell Effects Can't be seen? Halp :(

So i've been having a weird issue. My spell particle effects are all enabled however whenever another PC is casting a spell on either me, or a mob I can't see the effect at all. When i'm casting everything is fine, when a mob is casting everything is fine, but if another PC (grouped or ungrouped) casts a spell on a mob, or me, or another PC - nothing. I see the spell being cast in the chat, and effects of the spell in chat, but no particle effects when the spell lands on the mob/ me are visible.

I can see the spell effects from the PC when the spell is being cast, like mez for example. I'll see the initial balls of light from the enchanter when he starts to cast the spell, but when mez lands on a group of mobs, I don't see anything graphically. Just chat log is the only way i can know what just happened.

I have /showspelleffects on - I have all the near clip options enabled that I think affect this, and the only modded element I'm using is duxa ui.

Anyone help on this one guys? Been bugging me for quite a while! Thanks!
Old 03-27-2016, 03:02 PM
Developer

You'll have to reinstall.. that's the only way i've seen it fixed.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:04 PM
Banned

just corrupt game data? it's not my UI files/ or UI_config files right? I can just import those back into a new installation and problem solved?
Last edited by Telin; 03-28-2016 at 12:36 AM..
Old 03-27-2016, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My spell particle effects are all enabled
All three tabs, right?

My spell effects are turned to zero - I love bard songs but I hate their spell effects.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2016, 12:29 AM
Kobold

check PC spells under filter tab on Options
Old 03-28-2016, 12:36 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just corrupt game data? it's not my UI files/ or UI_config files right? I can just import those back into a new installation and problem solved?
Something in client has become corrupt. This has nothing to do with particle settings. This bug is fairly common and not everyone notices they have it when they do. Basically your spells will always work 100%.. But any other player who casts on another target will never finish their cast visually. That includes the other target's particle effect and caster's finishing animation.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thordoff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
check PC spells under filter tab on Options
i think this is just for log settings, for what's visible in chat - I think as per Telin recommends a reinstall may be needed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2016, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
i think this is just for log settings, for what's visible in chat - I think as per Telin recommends a reinstall may be needed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have ServerFilter turned on in your EQClient.ini and PC spells are filtered, you will not see spell effects from other PCs. ServerFilter will block the spell casting message and thus the spell effects.