Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Default Rules for listing at a non-/list camp

I wanted to try and clarify the rules for this before potentially posting this in an RnF thread...

This is second-hand information, but trying to get some idea how this works. Hadden camp had two people in line. Individual who was #1 on the list looted his earring, and was going to pass it to the next person on the list but they weren't there. Now the rules as I understand it is that the next person on the list need only be present when the next placeholder/Hadden spawns (which is on a 6-hour spawn). #3 on the list was present at the camp during this time, but evidently (by the rules) couldn't take over the camp even though the next in line hadn't actually showed up yet.

Now cut to 6 hours later, the #2 person shows up prior to the spawn and kills Hadden. He gets his earring. However, SOME sort of altercation occurred between this individual and the person next on the list, and the one who just looted the earring claimed that because HE now had the camp, he could pass it to whoever he wants (thus effectively removing the next person who was on the list, who had been waiting at the camp for around 16 hours already).

Even though this isn't a /list camp, I'm assuming someone can't just "remove" the next person on the list, even if they have some sort of problem with them. They have to honor the list that was in place.

Am I misunderstanding the rules for a non-list camped list? I don't think the #1 on the list can just arbitrarily "remove" someone in order to give it to someone else of their choosing, because there was a list for that camp already in place.

Appreciate any advice or clarity you can provide.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Person #2 is not wrong, but he is an asshole.

edit to clarify: The precedent set (http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules) does not make any mention of a list, just that he's campable and you don't need to stick around afk for 6 hours to do it. The camp rules also 'state' that the person currently holding the camp can hand it over to anyone he wants, but he has to name a name when asked.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Last edited by aspomwell; 02-04-2020 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately the asshole is correct in this situation as far as any other rulings enforced by a GM I have seen. Name and shame please.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately the asshole is correct in this situation as far as any other rulings enforced by a GM I have seen. Name and shame please.
I can tell you that you won't care to know the name is in your guild. Can also add the he left the zone while on the list, then came back and kept "his" spot. Then this happened.
Last edited by Tenudil; 02-04-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 07:03 PM
Kobold

If #2 wasn't there to obtain the camp from #1 before #1 left the zone, it is #3's camp at that point. He doesn't have until the mob spawns to show up. What on earf.

"The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp."
Last edited by Ashenden; 02-04-2020 at 07:05 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenudil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell you that you won't care to know the name is in your guild. Can also add the he left the zone while on the list, then came back and kept "his" spot. Then this happened.
Name and Shame!
Old 02-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Aviak

As far as I know the person 'camping' him has to maintain presence, if #2 was offline when #1 left, and #3 was sitting there -- it should be theirs. Otherwise whats preventing the camper from logging to another char and coming back once every 6 hours? I know this runs counter to how other camps work, but with the long respawn I always thought this was the case for hadden.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...just that he's campable and you don't need to stick around afk for 6 hours to do it.
uh no, you do need to stick around in zone for it to remain camped, you don't get to camp it just by logging in before it spawns unless there's nobody there when you log in
Old 02-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uh no, you do need to stick around in zone for it to remain camped, you don't get to camp it just by logging in before it spawns unless there's nobody there when you log in

How about not the 1st spot? Just holding your position in line? That's the real question here.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to admit I've never camped him and don't plan on it, but the 'rule' listed on the link above is ambiguous at best:

Is campable, to get camp you must either A) have previously killed Hadden or B) be the first person waiting at his spawn point

Does A take precedence over B? I would assume so since they ordered it that way. What happens when person 1 killed him 6 hours ago and logs in with 5 minutes to go and person 2 is there? Which one takes precedence?

Not trying to fight, just trying (poorly) to interpret ambiguous rules.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Closed Thread