Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Well, since this is one of the lore camps where you can't continue to camp it after you get the drop, at that point the camp would be open if person number 1 refused to give the camp to the number 3 person. Essentially 3 would have inherited the camp unless there was another player waiting nearby. If there was another player waiting nearby at the same time the camp became open, it's now FTE. And yes the original guywho was number 2 could come back for that FTE and win it.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Kobold

NAME AND SHAME!
Old 02-04-2020, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to admit I've never camped him and don't plan on it, but the 'rule' listed on the link above is ambiguous at best:

Is campable, to get camp you must either A) have previously killed Hadden or B) be the first person waiting at his spawn point

Does A take precedence over B? I would assume so since they ordered it that way. What happens when person 1 killed him 6 hours ago and logs in with 5 minutes to go and person 2 is there? Which one takes precedence?

Not trying to fight, just trying (poorly) to interpret ambiguous rules.
What you're quoting off the wiki is someone's summary of the rule, it's not authoritative. Read the actual CSR quote about it and it becomes much clearer:

Quote:
Hadden is campable.

Just because you have the last time of death and login does not mean that you automatically get the camp. If someone is there you should use common sense and see if they are camping Hadden. If they are, then move along and find something else to do. You are free to check back later to see if the camp is open. This is the same as most other camps in outdoor open areas.

In regards to AFK, you are allowed to go AFK for a reasonable amount of time in between spawns as long as you are there when the MOB spawns.

Finally, a word on FTE and camp disputes. When camp disputes are petitioned we are seldom presented with hard evidence. Essentially these are he said she said type petitions. More often than not, staff becomes involved after the fact. This means we are having to weigh the stories of the stakeholders along with any evidence. Server logs do often come into play. If a player or group is flagged for kill stealing it can muddy the waters.
You still have to follow camp rules to hold a camp, you can't leave the zone or log out and expect to hold the camp unless nobody else is there when you return.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Sarnak

Update: it seems the number #2 (who took over the camp) and the #3 (who had been waiting there the entire time for like 19 hours) came to some sort of equanimous ‘meeting of the minds.’ As much as I’d like to name/shame, I don’t want to jeopardize #3’s getting the camp.

If anything changes and something sours here, I will gladly make an RnF complete with screenshots and a definite Name and Shame. Thanks all for your advice and counsel.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update: it seems the number #2 (who took over the camp) and the #3 (who had been waiting there the entire time for like 19 hours) came to some sort of equanimous ‘meeting of the minds.’ As much as I’d like to name/shame, I don’t want to jeopardize #3’s getting the camp.

If anything changes and something sours here, I will gladly make an RnF complete with screenshots and a definite Name and Shame. Thanks all for your advice and counsel.
This basically. Also some input for the future on if it's acceptable to hold spots other than first place while not afk but out of the zone entirely. While others stay in the zone at the camp behind said person. Said person just coming back for every spawn and keeping his spot.
Last edited by Tenudil; 02-04-2020 at 09:37 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You said the number 2 got his earring.

This is starting to smell like BS.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said the number 2 got his earring.

This is starting to smell like BS.
Hadden had a fishingpole, the player didn't realize that this meant he didn't have an earring. 2nd person, it sounds like he implied or the other person assumed that he got the drop and tried to hand it off to someone else that was behind both there in say. Suffice to say there was a lot of drama left out here. But no intentional misleading.
Last edited by Tenudil; 02-04-2020 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

One may hand camp to whomever they please as long as that person is present when they leave.

When asked one must name the person to which they intend to pass camp. If that person is not present when the first leaves the camp becomes FFA.

One need not wait in zone as long as one is present for the hand off.

Correct me.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

If the camp is contested, and you're up for the camp you need to park your ass there and wait too. You can't just show up 6 hours later and get the mob when someone else has been sitting there alone for 6 hours.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:27 AM
Fire Giant

You can't have a list where no one is actually present at the camp. The person who was camping must remain until the next person arrives, otherwise it becomes open.