Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

Because I'm so casual that after 20+ years, I've only been to Fear, Nagafen, and Ice Giants once - and that's not even hardcore bro. I'm still trying to get that darkforge, na mean? No other game has held my interest as much. It's also designed in such a way as to hook you in like crack, hence the moniker EverCrack. They needed long term players to pay that subscription fee. We are what is left of that...
Old 02-21-2020, 08:06 AM
Banned

Cannot help that i been good at EQ for 20 years.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

New releases are fun. Each one is different. P99 is special because the people in charge are competent and reliable. EQ reborn was fun with the regen. But the global ooc had the personality disorders like red.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Depends on what you mean by hardcore. Have I put a lot of hours into P99? Definitely. But I'm not a hardcore raider or hardcore camper of legacy/BIS items etc. Personally, I just enjoy the game and being in Norrath; it's just relaxing and fun to be in the world and it still feels so much more alive than other modern MMOs where the world and NPCs just feel so much like a basic video game that it's not enjoyable. On Blue I played classes that I never played back in the day on live. On Green, I'm playing classes I never played on Blue. So it's somewhat of a new experience in a way each time.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you get excited camping the same things over again for days on end?
Dude.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Copied and pasted from a drug addiction website, but really it probably applies here too.

Substances produce a euphoric feeling by triggering large amounts of dopamine in certain regions of the brain responsible for the feeling of reward. Addiction occurs when the act of using a substance takes over these circuits and increases the urge to consume more and more of the substance in order to achieve the same rewarding effect.

A substance use disorder eventually no longer causes the same rewarding feelings that it once caused. However, if the person abstains from using the substance, they begin to feel symptoms of withdrawal, which can be extremely unpleasant.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:36 PM
Banned

addiction, autism, drugs, etc
Old 02-21-2020, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This,

I mean, really you answered your own question in your first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game has been around for 20ish years.

How do you get excited camping the same things over again for days on end?
People keep doing the same thing over and over in a game for 20 years because it's a game that's so incredibly addictive that ... people are still playing (and running emulated servers for) it 20 years later.

I think most of us can't even remember 90% of the other 20+ year old computer games we've played [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Let’s be honest with ourselves, if you are playing EQ99 hardcore still to this day, and have been for 4+ years, you have real issues that need addressed. No one dedicates the time it takes to be hardcore to any virtual reality situation unless they are trying to escape their personal life. I mean cmon, graphics aren’t even good bros
Old 02-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let’s be honest with ourselves, if you are playing EQ99 hardcore still to this day, and have been for 4+ years, you have real issues that need addressed. No one dedicates the time it takes to be hardcore to any virtual reality situation unless they are trying to escape their personal life. I mean cmon, graphics aren’t even good bros
Let's be honest with ourselves, if one of the things you do with your time is go on internet forums to tell people that they have issues they need to address, you have real issues you need to address. No one dedicates the time it takes to go to an internet forum, create an account, and post there about how other people have issues unless they have conscious issues that they're trying to escape/make themselves feel better about in their personal life and/or subconscious issues that they're not fully aware of.
Closed Thread