Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

Default Aradune differences?

I finally was able to login to Aradune last night, was thinking of continuing my solo-self-found adventures there. Rough start, the game crashes constantly and it lags horribly between zones, honestly it feels like shit but I'm hoping its just because of the population. Pathing looks dooky as well, a decaying skeleton chasing me ran in a zigzag pattern for some reason, took forever.

Having not played live EQ in ages, can someone explain a few things to me?

What is out of combat resting? If its sufficiently high, is there any real advantage to being a Troll for instance?

Are there any XP penalties/advantages for any race/class anymore?

Are those newbie armor quests still in on Aradune or are those removed due to the classic timeline?

I noticed my AC was like, idk, "8/36", what the fuck does that mean?

Is there a wiki sort of like P99's wiki that's vaguely up to date? I tried to find resources for this game and most just go to daybreaks obscenely shit forums.

Are there any significant changes to how combat works?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2020, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

AFK botting will become a protected form of gameplay in the near future of Aradune, it already is on the other servers. The reason being Krono generates more revenue for the developers even as it bleeds out.

It's a corpse to be feasted on, nothing less, enjoy Aradune, this is probably the last year you will get to play live EQ.

Combat and looting and spells and stuff is all totally different.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Banned

Aradune is very very not classic

As an example warriors get provoke, its a bellow for aggro that makes them viable tanks, was added around pop

All classes do more damage, have more spells, wizards get crits at launch, druids get better heals

i wish they would get the files from this project and launch a real classic server
Old 06-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aradune is very very not classic

As an example warriors get provoke, its a bellow for aggro that makes them viable tanks, was added around pop

All classes do more damage, have more spells, wizards get crits at launch, druids get better heals

i wish they would get the files from this project and launch a real classic server
Do you happen to know if warriors do more damage? Are they generally more survivable? Does the Out of Combat regen work yet or does it not activate until the expansion it was provided in? Can you bandage further than 50%?

I was hoping to be able to try my solo warrior challenge there but without the admittedly not-classic bind wound combat macro I don't think it's feasible. (On live being hit breaks your bandage)
Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Banned

All classes do more damage, its dumbed down so everyone can win just like classic wow
Old 06-04-2020, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

Make a character in Freeport, then look around, then remember that the live servers died for a reason and you're just playing a cash grab server on a conveyer belt to low pop destruction.

In 2 years time nobody will care about their characters there or the server in general and just hop along to the next one.

<3
Old 06-04-2020, 08:59 PM
Banned

it's totally broken fun (indoor pathing is hilarious) but we sold a rod of insidious glamour for krono even tho opal encrusted steins exist. Definitely a lot of tender flesh to be masticated.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

I may get banned for this but..
Brad is rolling over in his grave at this Not Classic

RIP brad you dirt bike riding son of a gun!
I wasn't aware of your drive for classic everquest.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed my AC was like, idk, "8/36", what the fuck does that mean?

Are there any significant changes to how combat works?
I'll answer these quickly since I'm very familiar with EQ's systems.

AC and ATK both used to be a combination of two variables: mitigation, avoidance for AC and offense and to-hit for ATK. They combined these and further obfuscated the value with a multiplier to make them more 'mysterious' or whatever. A couple of years back they split them in the UI to be less ambiguous in a trend of providing more information to users.

As far as combat goes, the major changes include increasing spell damage for the sub 50 game and increasing skill caps for melee classes. It also appears that they increased the AC softcaps slightly and overcap returns are more generous. Pets also have increased skill caps and they strangely gave almost all of them the block skill (while also having parry) resulting in them avoiding a lot of attacks. The exp curve was also changed so leveling rates are different.

Lots of smaller changes like hybrids getting spells at level 1 instead of level 9; level 1s starting with max combat skills; melee damage bonuses being larger.

I've not played on TLPs so I can't say if they left in stuff like GoD's free ATK AA or the melee damage multiplier auto-granted AAs (this is a big one so I certainly hope not) or the increased monk fist damage etc. But that crap is certainly on non-TLP servers and makes the game much much easier.

If TLPs have out-of-combat regen enabled then LOL
Old 06-06-2020, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Just play P99 so you don't have to look at the crap Luclin models. As for how Aradune works: who knows here? Best way to find out is to play.
Closed Thread