Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2020, 10:31 PM
Large Rat

Dont get me wrong here i want quest xp tuned back on and all but....

Biggest non classic thing ??

Castle pestering some one to help him with hundreds of transfers of plat and or items to hundreds of accounts......

you know since boxing is not allowed and you couldn't have transferred the items to your alts by yourself.....
Old 12-02-2020, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Drop traded the majority. Not telling you my spots. They got spotted later anyway and I had to call in the wife. Tough call, but since we decided to have Tomagotchi style children in the form of elf alts she concurred, since I'd be building up the family name to run for political office in Norrath later, or at least have a level 60 to farm the far corners of elfdom.

Not like I am doing laundry for a month to pay her back or anything. I'm too cool for that 8)
Last edited by Castle2.0; 12-02-2020 at 12:04 AM..
Old 12-08-2020, 03:56 AM
Kobold

Not to slightly get off topic but the one non classic feature I'd like to see added is /melody. I'm about to start my second bard even though Carpal Tunnel wrecked me by 2002. Classic everything for me except please give us /melody.

Mighty Isis protect my hands!
Old 12-08-2020, 03:59 AM
Orc

*Raises hand* I just want me pets to not evaporate whilst crossing zone lines... >.>
Old 12-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the biggest unclassic thing to me.

It’s the mentality of the player base. We’ve gone from a player base of ‘I’m going on an adventure!’ Bilbos to a bunch of Saurons intent on domination.

On live the highpass orcs and gnolls were a popular place to level. In Lake of Ill Omen you’d get teenage iksar mixing with fresh off boat young elves on the beaches and at the fort. Here it is just level 50 pet casters farming clickies.

It’s a race to the top to horde pixels which misses out on adventure.
Amen Brother! Preach it to all these cheap-assed semi-employed 40-something nerdboys making this awesome free server 1000x shittier than it needs to be!
Old 12-08-2020, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

...does anyone else remember tradeskill bags eating everything in them if you accidentally hit "combine" when full of non-tradeskill stuff or just the wrong items for a recipe? I'm about 50% sure I did that with a jeweler's kit back in early live. If I'm remembering correctly, I'm really happy that's not a thing here.

Also, I remember accidentally hitting 'a' on live my first time playing since I didn't hit enter before trying to talk to an NPC in erudin and getting destroyed. That's probably just a client thing, but I don't miss that kind of thing at all.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...does anyone else remember tradeskill bags eating everything in them if you accidentally hit "combine" when full of non-tradeskill stuff or just the wrong items for a recipe? I'm about 50% sure I did that with a jeweler's kit back in early live. If I'm remembering correctly, I'm really happy that's not a thing here.

Also, I remember accidentally hitting 'a' on live my first time playing since I didn't hit enter before trying to talk to an NPC in erudin and getting destroyed. That's probably just a client thing, but I don't miss that kind of thing at all.
Yes, TS containers eat everything inside when you click combine. After that it checks if it's going to make something or not.

Yes, 'a' is still default auto attack. I never grew out of it so I left it 'a' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2020, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

So how many quest items does the person making all of these posts have stored away? And what level did they obtain once they were able to turn them all in?
Old 12-08-2020, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Based on some investigations I helped someone do, I think we estimated you need approximately ~1200 gnoll scrolls to go from 51 to 60. There were some other quests that had potential too though, Gnoll Scrolls were just the obvious one that I would have expected a lot of people to do to some extent (though, probably not too many people with a full 51->60 block). Castle's been dropping hints that his approach may not just be gnoll scrolls, so kind of curious to see what he ends up doing.
Old 12-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the biggest unclassic thing to me.

It’s the mentality of the player base. We’ve gone from a player base of ‘I’m going on an adventure!’ Bilbos to a bunch of Saurons intent on domination.

On live the highpass orcs and gnolls were a popular place to level. In Lake of Ill Omen you’d get teenage iksar mixing with fresh off boat young elves on the beaches and at the fort. Here it is just level 50 pet casters farming clickies.

It’s a race to the top to horde pixels which misses out on adventure.
Now that we've all lived through the month (and counting) experiment of "No Quest XP", I wouldn't mind a month of "randomized ZEM + trivial loot code in all zones". I'm curious what it would do.
Closed Thread