Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Kobold

I was going to say something along the same lines, but it seems this did just happen Wednesday morning so I'll give him the benefit of doubt atm. If he doesn't show up in a week or so, or does but says, "tough luck", please let us know.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:24 AM
Banned

Still no luck seeing this guy on my end!! I'm still here pushin for ya bud!! I'll keep my peepers peeled!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Just a heads up.

On Easter Sunday 4/21 - we attempted a leg MQ and the seller was rewarded the druid legs. So unfortunately that guy got burned from this, but the NPC should be fixed for new Leg MQ's.

All the other slots worked fine over the weekend (5 completed MQ's on 4/20)
Old 04-22-2019, 12:08 PM
Orc

Biiiiiig YIKES.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

The issue is not the MQ itself(although this is all the more reason MQ should have never been implemented. And Rogean not allowing CSR involvement is laughable since it's management's fault that the feature even exists).

It's that an open quest mob can be broken, costing people significant time, money and effort. And the fact that it can and is done on purpose should be enough justification for CSR involvement.
A simple mob reset is not time consuming or difficult.

These are the type of things that stick in people's mind and either add to the accumulation of negative aspects that cause them to leave the server or is the last straw.
Either way, once again CSR have an opportunity to improve players' experience and they ignore it.

Glad we're still ramming that "Classic" nonsense up everyone's ass.

I guess the lesson here is, don't do quests in EverQuest; rather, join a guild and loot items from mobs on raids that aren't classic.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 04-22-2019 at 12:25 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was kind of surprised they won't even kill the NPC to reset him so it won't happen to another player, but it is what it is I guess.
Killing the mob will have no affect on the NPC's quest tables / turn in tables. Also resetting the NPC will have no affect on the NPC's quest/turn in tables. This is because all NPC's loot tables are server / zone side. This was implemented during the Eatherquake sim pops.

So in order to fix a mob eating peoples MQ's the zone needs to be completely reset. Hence the reason guides and most GM's can do nothing to help.

Long story short, this was implemented to stop peoples quests from failing due to SIM Repops. If you are turning in a quest item one at a time and a repop happens in the middle of your quest, the NPC would eat your items. so to put a bandaid on this, they bascially found its better to screw over MQ's over all than to be responsible for an individuals failed turn in during a simulated repop.

****THIS IS BASED ON AN EDUCATED GUESS**** *DO NOT QUOTE*
Old 04-22-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still no luck seeing this guy on my end!! I'm still here pushin for ya bud!! I'll keep my peepers peeled!
Thanks again, man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Killing the mob will have no affect on the NPC's quest tables / turn in tables. Also resetting the NPC will have no affect on the NPC's quest/turn in tables. This is because all NPC's loot tables are server / zone side. This was implemented during the Eatherquake sim pops.

So in order to fix a mob eating peoples MQ's the zone needs to be completely reset. Hence the reason guides and most GM's can do nothing to help.

Long story short, this was implemented to stop peoples quests from failing due to SIM Repops. If you are turning in a quest item one at a time and a repop happens in the middle of your quest, the NPC would eat your items. so to put a bandaid on this, they bascially found its better to screw over MQ's over all than to be responsible for an individuals failed turn in during a simulated repop.

****THIS IS BASED ON AN EDUCATED GUESS**** *DO NOT QUOTE*
Yeah, some other community members brought up that the mobs can't be killed anymore to reset loot tables earlier in the thread, but this is the first time I've seen an explanation behind it. Makes sense, just kind of a bummer for situations like this.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

12k for those legs would have been just as much of a waste as if you had gotten them.

You will probably quit again in 2 weeks anyway.

Also, who the fuck waits 30 seconds to turn in their half of an MQ?
Old 04-22-2019, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12k for those legs would have been just as much of a waste as if you had gotten them.

You will probably quit again in 2 weeks anyway.

Also, who the fuck waits 30 seconds to turn in their half of an MQ?
You sound delightful.

If you'd read the thread, it took me 30 seconds (actually 23, but whatever) because there was a miscommunication on when exactly he turned the MQ in, compounded by ultra paranoia I was turning in the right gems, as the ones for my cap were also in my inventory and have the same graphic.

Glad I could add to your nearly 1k post count. Do you still play here, or is ForumQuesting your thing?
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Have you ever played here?
Closed Thread