Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 10-23-2023, 11:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only people that want FRESH think... Maybe this time it will be different. I'll get rich get server firsts. Naw dawg your gunna do what you did the last three times. Quit before you even make it then cry for another FRESH.

The above players don't even play .... Forum questers. Spent a few hours today buffing new players in Green. First timers with 13 plat to their name. Grateful for Green. Log in or hold your breath.
I disagree with this. The first best argument for a fresh server is the same eventuality that created Blue and Green in the first place. A start and a fresh start. Play on Green while Blue existed? Why? You had Blue. Aha!

The game only attracts so many people and that over time. The servers do become top heavy. That results in end game players just gearing up alts, keeping gear to themselves, versus selling. This also results in pricing being stupidly ridiculous. The top end players have money because they have been on said server a long time. They are geared and can farm top end content. Then they have nothing better to do with all that money than keep swapping it back and forth with other high end players to gear alts.

New players that do find the game, have no engine to do and see the content. This results in the supposed, "dirty casual" zones, such as High Keep, Oasis, Velks and Karnor's being over-utilized. Easy in and easy out. Yes, yes, dirty casuals also come and go more quickly, as in log in for 45 minutes, suddenly, "Oops! Gotta go!". I didn't say it was a be-all-end-all reason. Still, it is part of the reason.

Go to the p1999 Wiki and look up gear, as one would do rising through the levels. Now go to the EC tunnel for several months straight and take note of the massive number of items and spells that are either never for sale or rarely for sale. Items that help lowbies move along and motivate them to strive for the next goal. They certainly can't get them on their own.

In a top heavy environment, newer players are left out, more or less. Those on top, always want to be on top. Threaten that and the insults and degrading marks start flying. I don't begrudge those on the top, but being able to accomplish goals with other players would be nice while getting to the top. That is the appeal of fresh. Having fun in all the zones the content has to offer. Gearing up in the various zones for changes of pace and plunder.
Old 10-23-2023, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Time for Liverpool Care Pathway and new server!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-21-2023, 04:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New players that do find the game, have no engine to do and see the content. This results in the supposed, "dirty casual" zones, such as High Keep, Oasis, Velks and Karnor's being over-utilized. Easy in and easy out. Yes, yes, dirty casuals also come and go more quickly, as in log in for 45 minutes, suddenly, "Oops! Gotta go!". I didn't say it was a be-all-end-all reason. Still, it is part of the reason.

In a top heavy environment, newer players are left out, more or less. Those on top, always want to be on top. Threaten that and the insults and degrading marks start flying. I don't begrudge those on the top, but being able to accomplish goals with other players would be nice while getting to the top. That is the appeal of fresh. Having fun in all the zones the content has to offer. Gearing up in the various zones for changes of pace and plunder.
This is why Quarm is so popular. P99 has a good model and lengthy timeline that is fun. The problem is either they are not able to launch a fresh server yet due to their agreement with Daybreak, or they don't agree with these sentiments. If P99 launched a fresh server right now, it would almost definately kill Quarm overnight, or at least deal a crippling blow. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The journey is where it's at!
Elijamonk - 59.5 Monk
Wardru - 60 Druid
Old 11-22-2023, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw naw

No green 2.0 no need, get over a fresh server, we did it three times already. The FRESH crowd is what killed all the wow private servers. We're getting old no one wants to camp manastone for four days straight and die
Tbh I feel like most of the crowd is in it for the legacy items anyway. More ppl at lower level seems fun until you realize there are few camps in classic and everything is competed for. Playing melee without gear isn’t too fun either. That’s the main reason why I haven’t botheref with Quarm.

The legacy camps were certainly fucked too.

Tbh they should just cycle the legacy content every few years, including sleeper. Who gives a shit honestly? It’s not like p99 is true to Classic anyway.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Disagree, its fun seeing blackburrow packed and groups spilling into everfrost and karanas. its so much more fun scraping together gear as you level than just start with 1:2 weapons, capped ac and decent haste (and to share that struggle with other melees). It’s nice for mages to have a moment in the sun where they dominate.

Perhaps i’m biased as my timezone means I don’t see the worst of congestion. Honestly I’d like it to be even busier for reliable archon pyramid and permafrost groups!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 11-23-2023, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

It's definitely more fun when people aren't super twinked and all those zones are getting used, but a new server doesn't solve most of the underlying problems. The game needs dynamic content. Nobody knowing exactly where an item will drop, NPC spawns and behavior constantly changing, and altering some of the existing items and mechanics. Only then will we have Everquest as it was meant to be. Also need a reincarnation system to keep the low/mid level zones active; just add a constantly increasing title to a character for each time someone reincarnates (go from Level 60 to Level 1; gear is level locked), lots of people love spending time on shit like that.