Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 04-20-2023, 09:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default New Barbarian

Any tips or guides specifically for a new player starting in Everfrost? Seems to be a very unforgiving zone. I have looked up specific paths and watched some youtube videos. Just asking for some extra tips, thank you.
Old 04-20-2023, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

It gets easier once you get to Blackburrow. I level off of the goblins. I believe both camps are to the right, when you follow the path, with Halas to your back. Depending on your class/gear you can solo outside of Blackburrow a little bit. Right outside the zone, and in the more open area part of the zone outside of Blackburrow, also. The more open area might be higher level.

Some zones are easier than others, but Halas starting area is pretty hard. But it's just a short period of time.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:25 AM
Large Rat

I'm not sure Halas is rough. It's my favorite zone and the 2nd easiest to start since it's easy to get the materials for patchwork armor. You just have to learn how to avoid the vengeful skeletons.

I'll be playing my low level druid (name of Hohn) tomorrow evening (Friday) US/CST who is in Everfrost Peaks currently. Send me a PM in game if you're there.

I'll hit you up with a few buffs and I can make patchwork if you can get the ruined bear pelts from the polar bear cubs. Save the white polar bear skins to turn to Cindl.

Edit: fixing my bad grammar.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:05 PM
Large Rat

QUESTS:

1. Depending on your class, you can turn in wooly fungus near shaman guild for misc. level 5 sham spells and xp. Also get a container in the meantime. My sham could do the quest, but my rogue couldn't.

2. Additionally, can turn in goblin necklaces to the warrior guild for xp. Level 1-3 are harsh because very few level 1 mobs. Similarly, you get a container to use for the quest.

OTHER TIPS:

- Con EVERY skeleton to check for vengeful.

- Get a large sewing kit from the vendors right outside Halas. Train tailoring to 10, then buy a stack of mask patterns. Then, whenever a ruined pelt drops, use it to make a tattered mask. Helps with weight, and sells for a gold, so you really dont lose money. Then you can make tattered armor with other pelts. Save the LQ, MQ to sell for 1-3pp each. HQ bear can sell for 20-25p.

- Polar bear skins can be turned into Cyndl for patchwork armor / xp OR you can save them and sell them in EC tunnel for 15-20pp each later.

- Sometimes in Surefall Glade on vendors, you can find a preserved Splitpaw Eye to use as a light source in your ranged slot so that you don't have to use a bag slot or secondary slot.

- Again, depending on class, at 5/6 you can do a chill camp of the outside gnolls in BB if there are no groups inside.

- Barb sight is so brutal. Sometimes there are mages camping the giants in the tundra near entrance to Permafrost and they can summon a Coldstone you can use for your play session. You can actually make it there if you hug the wall all the way there once you reach the tundra.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2023, 10:40 PM
Aviak

Also to add about the mage comment, if you get lucky with a summoned item / weapon and want to keep it, you can attack a guard and leave it on your corpse for your next session.
Old 04-22-2023, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

What server? Glad to help a bit. Those early levels are rough in Everfrost.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopp93 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any tips or guides specifically for a new player starting in Everfrost? Seems to be a very unforgiving zone. I have looked up specific paths and watched some youtube videos. Just asking for some extra tips, thank you.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Halas_Starting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.