Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 08-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Banned

What if you're like me and you forget who you sent tells to and u just randomly sending tells to ppl you just sent a tell to an hr ago...
Old 08-29-2023, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if you're like me and you forget who you sent tells to and u just randomly sending tells to ppl you just sent a tell to an hr ago...
Cold calling and spamming are strategies. If no one online in range is interested you can also send tells to out of range people. They may well have an alt they could play or out of range assistance.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-29-2023, 05:03 PM
Large Rat

play on red
Old 08-29-2023, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In between afks, I sent tells, /who all LFG returned 0 results many times. Sent tells to others, and either people were solo, or there was exactly 1 group in level range that was full... or I would travel to the populated zone, and find a group just in time for them to disband.
second post where people didnt read the part where i said i spent the weekend trying to put together groups, to no luck. not just LFG, just sending tells to people in my level range.

but people read the first part and then respond "gotta send tells bro."

reading is good.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:05 PM
Aviak

Feels like a troll post.

If you played 26 hours in 3 days and found the forum I would assume you would already know the current state.

PS

I want a new server too!
Old 08-29-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
second post where people didnt read the part where i said i spent the weekend trying to put together groups, to no luck. not just LFG, just sending tells to people in my level range.

but people read the first part and then respond "gotta send tells bro."

reading is good.
Yea no I get it, I'm literally pondering why I have been successful and you have not.

Maybe people are more down to group with a twinked SK than a cleric; though I don't advertise my gear in the telemarketing, it may be assumed. But shit it worked when I was a ranger too.
Old 08-30-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea no I get it, I'm literally pondering why I have been successful and you have not.

Maybe people are more down to group with a twinked SK than a cleric; though I don't advertise my gear in the telemarketing, it may be assumed. But shit it worked when I was a ranger too.
Probably phrasing, angle, assertiveness all play a role.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-30-2023, 10:28 AM
Banned

The problem with getting a warrior to level 10 is in 5 more years your going to want to get to lvl 20, then in another 5 you are going to want to get lvl 30 and so on
Old 08-30-2023, 08:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

OP - I will group with you. Newly returned player from back in the day. Currently leveling a level 10/11 Erudite Wizard (Fistle) and a level 12 Erudite Paladin (Naveen). Add me to your friends list and hit me up whenever you see me on. I generally play for a few hours every weeknight after the kids are down - say from 9:00-11:00 or 12:00 est. I’d welcome anyone else too. I’m currently in Qeynos and planning on hunting some bandits in West Karana or some wisps in Erud’s Crossing. Let me know what you have in mind. I hope to hear from you.
Old 09-04-2023, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazgull2k1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a lot of fun for a minute. However, I have now been playing 3 days, over 26 total hours so far...

and Ive hit my limit. As a warrior, there is no such thing as soloing. There's NO groups, none. No, I dont wanna hear about how there are all kinds of groups in X zone at X level. Im level 11. There are no groups. The only reason Ive even managed to get to 10 is because of kind souls in the tunnel tossing me buffs once in a while in the tunnel. Ive even managed to scrape enough hides together (along with the kindness of several strangers) to have a few actual gear pieces.

Its just not feasible or viable to continue. A consistant search of /who LFG 1 20 has put up on average of about 3 people during the entire weekend. Im 11. So Ive got no groups till at least 20.. and no way to get any form of gear or armor without the grouping this game was based on. Even if I DO manage to scrape a group together (I did yesterday for about 3 hours. It was amazing. One group for 3 hours in 28 hours of playtime..) I honestly am 100% more a burden to a bunch of twink alts than I am a help.. and I just repeatedly died to the point I left so I would stop dragging everyone else down. It was both humiliating and depressing at the same time.

And no. I do NOT want to "Solo it." on ANY class. Soloing is not why I play an MMORPG. If I wanna do nothing but Solo.. I'll load up Baldurs Gate 3 or something. I played EQ for the social aspects. Leveling together with a group of strangers that become friends over the course of the days/weeks. That's just not what this is.

I couldnt even fight a blue caimen today at level 11.. nobody around to group with for help, no other players around to ask for assistance... its just barren, empty space, zone after zone outside the commons tunnel and the commons druid ring. I've never been around this many people and felt so alone in my entire gaming life.

I gave it a good try, and it was nice for a while.. but not clearly not what Im looking for long term. Thanks for the help from those that gave it. It really was appreciated.
26 hours in 3 days. Yikes man.

But ya warriors really suck. There’s no reason to play one unless you are able to put your real life on hold so you can be the MT in a top tier raiding guild.

Every other melee class is a better option because you at least have some ability to solo and recover.

The original devs really should have given warriors just one special ability from the start, but they have warriors nothing except for a small HP bonus.

If they would have allowed bind wound to heal 100% and made the amount healed 2x or 3x what it currently is, I think warrior would be a really interesting class. As it is, there’s no reason to play them.