Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-04-2023, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

How is this different than if I drop an item on the ground, and as I switch characters someone else walks by and picks it up? Pretty sure the ninja looter in that case is off scott free, no?
Old 11-04-2023, 03:04 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is this different than if I drop an item on the ground, and as I switch characters someone else walks by and picks it up? Pretty sure the ninja looter in that case is off scott free, no?
Not sure about other country but in South Korea, it is the case of a crime (Embezzlements of Lost Articles or disposal of stolen goods and embezzlement) where in you take someone else's asset or belonging against owners will. You have to report to nearest police station or lost&found box of the same building. In game, I would wait for couple of mins (5-10) and double check with OOC before I permanently place in my inventory. It's small community and I think it wouldn't hurt to be more thoughtful than real life. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2023, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only reason this isnt punishable is because theres no trace of it.

whereas the GMs can check combat log and see that the looter was not on combat log. they will refer to the person who was on combat log to see if they wanted to loot it on another toon
Old 11-04-2023, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't restate this enough. If you are a new player and you just do something that's not allowed but clearly in good faith, you will not get banned. You will not even be punished. You might even make friends, just tell people you're new and they will understand.

You get banned by flagrantly defying clearly stated rules (FYI: staff assumes you are aware of the main server rules) and being combative when called out. Every single person who has ever complained about being unjustly banned on P99 was a douche or completely deserve it. Prove me wrong (you can't). P99 staff is laissez-faire to a fault. They don't moderate enough. If you get banned by them then you were bad enough to make the most hands-off moderation staff wake up and do something instead of slacking.
Excellent points! Anyone who was smacked with a permanent full ban is a douche and should never be able to play on P99 again. This is different from a 1-2 week ban, which does happen quite frequently.
Old 11-04-2023, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Ground transfers are very risky and explicitly "at your own risk." I have done it before with stuff like silk or other mats, but never with a lore or legacy item. If you do ground transfer and someone does pick it up, there is going to be no proof that you had ownership. So in that case possession is 9/10's of the law and the GM won't rule in your favor.
Old 11-06-2023, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only reason this isnt punishable is because theres no trace of it.

whereas the GMs can check combat log and see that the looter was not on combat log. they will refer to the person who was on combat log to see if they wanted to loot it on another toon
Not sure that this is a correct statement.

I believe there is a way to track drop transfers in the logs. At least there was back in the day on live. Plus I'm pretty sure P99 staff have said before that they can track RMT that's done via drop transfer, otherwise it would be super easy to, for example, drop transfer a fungi tunic to someone that you sold online for real money.

They've just made a decision that drop transfers are simply an at your own risk type of thing (which is classic, for what it's worth).
Old 11-09-2023, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve drop traded over 100k in gear to an alt before.

Single items like fungi tunic a half dozen times or more.

Risk is low if you’re smart about scouting location. Just pray you don’t crash or your internet goes out.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-20-2023, 07:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are only allowed to loot corpses of mobs you killed. Anything else is at your own risk.
OK, so the alt logging in did not kill it either
Old 11-21-2023, 12:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, so the alt logging in did not kill it either
There you go again, trying to use logic
Old 11-21-2023, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Im guessing this is for like an AC ring or something. Dont loot shit not yours
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang