Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

If the kickstarter fails, these rewards won't apply? Originally it was if you pledge, now 'if it fails forget it?" Laughable.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamz4l [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2017? My pledge includes pre-alpha tester bro, that could start tomorrow
Enjoy those assets purchased through the Unity store. LMAO!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the Kickstarter fails, these rewards won't apply.
wrap it up folks, nothing to see here
Old 02-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the kickstarter fails, these rewards won't apply? Originally it was if you pledge, now 'if it fails forget it?" Laughable.
If it fails, you don't pay a dime to the kickstarter.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

ya ppl bein dumb as usual.... obviously we don't pay anything and we do not get any rewards at all if the game doesn't fund
Old 02-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Kickstarter is to help underfunded companies or ideas. It doesn't mean the people owning the project shouldn't be putting in money as well. I think getting half of the goal GIVEN to them with 0% ownership is great. I wouldn't be surprised if the goal was met still. The owners of the project only need to put up 1/2 the money, that is a good deal and they will lose it if they don't fund it themselves.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it fails, you don't pay a dime to the kickstarter.
I understand (and understood) how Kickstarter projects work. My displeasure was to where I felt we were told that the rewards were part of a pledge drive, and not a funding drive.

Quote:
Project 1999 Pantheon Pledge Drive!

As part of our P99 Pantheon Pledge drive we are offering a number of rewards for our players that pledge to the Pantheon Kickstarter Project. ...
The idea being that if in good faith players pledge to help support the MMO community and one of the original creators of EQ.

Quote:
If you enjoy playing here on Project 1999 please back the Pantheon Kickstarter. We feel it is our responsility to give back to a group of developers who have given so much to the MMORPG industry and the people who play their games.
So as to where I am against RMT from a in-game economic integrity standpoint between players but am definitely opposed to players receiving undue benefits from a game's staff, the idea here was if we show our support to the MMO community by pledging, we receive rewards for doing so.

As opposed to if it gets funded and you actually pay, then you receive rewards. So it goes from if you pledge to fund Kickstarter we will give you rewards for your support to if you actually pay money we will give you rewards. And then you're back on that slippery slope.

I understand the pros and cons of both sides and can argue it from what should be your point of view as well, but this is from the player side who may have pledged under the idea there were certain terms. Changing the terms now only serves to hurt both sides. Perhaps this should have been thought through beforehand with what rewards would still be given in event funding isn't there, or this stated at the start. Because it reads 'pledges' and 'closes'. It didn't read 'pay' or 'fund' or 'not 'fails'.

What I find laughable is that the terms were altered so late in the game as it were which shows me this wasn't thought through, or perhaps someone is attempting to renege on something they said. I can see wanting to avoid people pledging once they know it won't fund but for me, if you say something, you stick to your word.

Yes yes I know, Thanks 4 Shaere, TLDR, you mom wears combat boots.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:01 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tr0d (shaere) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand (and understood) how Kickstarter projects work. My displeasure was to where I felt we were told that the rewards were part of a pledge drive, and not a funding drive.

The idea being that if in good faith players pledge to help support the MMO community and one of the original creators of EQ.

So as to where I am against RMT from a in-game economic integrity standpoint between players but am definitely opposed to players receiving undue benefits from a game's staff, the idea here was if we show our support to the MMO community by pledging, we receive rewards for doing so.

As opposed to if it gets funded and you actually pay, then you receive rewards. So it goes from if you pledge to fund Kickstarter we will give you rewards for your support to if you actually pay money we will give you rewards. And then you're back on that slippery slope.

I understand the pros and cons of both sides and can argue it from what should be your point of view as well, but this is from the player side who may have pledged under the idea there were certain terms. Changing the terms now only serves to hurt both sides. Perhaps this should have been thought through beforehand with what rewards would still be given in event funding isn't there, or this stated at the start. Because it reads 'pledges' and 'closes'. It didn't read 'pay' or 'fund' or 'not 'fails'.

What I find laughable is that the terms were altered so late in the game as it were which shows me this wasn't thought through, or perhaps someone is attempting to renege on something they said. I can see wanting to avoid people pledging once they know it won't fund but for me, if you say something, you stick to your word.

Yes yes I know, Thanks 4 Shaere, TLDR, you mom wears combat boots.
im sorry that you were expecting something for nothing. the entire pledge drive is to help Pantheon get funded.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 02-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sorry that you were expecting something for nothing. the entire pledge drive is to help Pantheon get funded.
The guy has a point as far as the wording from the original post but whatever. They didn't word it right, you still aren't being ripped off in any way. It was a pledge for a game. If it ends up costing you a donation you will get your rewards.

You can't get too upset for not receiving something you didn't pay for.

Also worry not about not reaching the goal. Heartbrand, leader of Red Dawn from Red99, has taken it upon himself to fund the project to shower all of Project 1999 with glorious exp bonuses and ensure the entire guild will be in Velious 7 days prior to launch.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Just Pledged, GLHF.

I hope someone wealthier than I throws in a few hundred k.