Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am very confident at this point that every time you post about the "Green server", it is delayed another 5 months [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure it's same schedule as raid bans for <Core>
Old 09-20-2018, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

I realized that P1999 wasn't classic within my first week when I realized that I couldn't set up shop in Steamfont at the fallen gear and be within spell range of 5 skeleton spawns with a druid like I could on old retail. It was kinda sweet to easy-mode level from 9 to 12 doing the tree illusion for free health thing while doing the porcupine melee routine without moving an inch.

The Hole entrance was probably the most annoying thing for me that was different from old retail though. On old retail on Fennin Ro I could take my Magician to the entrance right out of the pool and single pull elementals to fight using my groovy anti-summon nukes for sweet experience and the odd piece of loam armor. Every elemental on both rows was spaced apart in their own nooks so that they didn't care when one behind it was pulled forward to you. Sadly, not here on P1999. That was such a great spot back in the day.

My bitching aside, it's the raid scene that defines how P1999 isn't classic by far. People are just super strange about pixels.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAdventure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wanted to make a useful post here but its on page 12 already... I want to say this is better then classic. I never found a port in months and spent all of my classic playtime on odus / stonebrunt mtns getting to lvl 39 SK before I ever made it to ec. On our wonderful server druids are happy to accommodate you. This feature makes solo or grouping both much easier than classic.
"Stonebrunt Mountains" era of Everquest was not really Classic EQ. Sounds like you unfortunately never got to play real classic EQ. If you couldn't find a port, though, it's because you didn't know how. It was not hard back then to do a /who all for Wizards and Druids and get one eventually. Besides that, you could have just taken the boat to Qeynos and played in that area of the world, or ran to Freeport area after getting to decently safe level for the journey, if that's where you really wanted to be.

You mentioned that you were a Shadow Knight. Being an evil character was supposed to actually mean something in classic EQ and make traveling much more difficult. The game back then even specifically listed when making a character what the "difficultly level" of your Race/Class combination would be.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Kobold

There should be a Logan’s Run server. When you reach level 30 your character is deleted. The low levels are the most fun anyhow.
Closed Thread