Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be happy to help though.
*pounces!*

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 12-21-2017, 06:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JESUS CHRIST THE PICS OF HALFLING RACE ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE
^
Old 12-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Kobold

Thought the raffle/race was the right way to do it. The quests were the biggest cluster fuck though, ended up helping out the newbs who got shafted by the bard/port classes.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

I'll address one of the points I see being brought up a few times, which is the assumption that DoF has a surplus of volunteers and can add extra positions like '100% streamer/reporter' or 'info dude'. We do not have that many volunteers. Those are luxury volunteer positions.

I will now consider anyone making 5 paragraphs of detailed suggestions to be volunteers for the next event. Come help me make DoF events better and more fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you're inclined to type that much, you'll be really dedicated as a real volunteer!!

I have a good idea of what we'd need to improve and what to change if we do a giant player quest event again. Which, hopefully, we won't, because we will stick to nice small quest events that have all the volunteers and only one quest and it can be an epic adventure through Norrath that showcases our creativity.
I was there, didn't win a thing but loved the whole event. It was fun.

I didn't do the race. I left when it started to try to do a Jboots MQ. Hasten wasn't up but I was treated to a stream of Halflings running through the zone.

You guys did great! Thanks for making it all happen.

Esran
Old 12-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quests are a nice idea, but could use some work to ensure fairness and easiness of communication:

Declare what zone quests will take place in. Have the quest giver be IN that zone and announce in EC tunnel what zone to get to. Give people like 10-20 mins to get there. Then the quest giver can just use w/e zone wide chat of choice to say all the quest bits, so they dont have to deal with like 80 diff tell messages and people arent spammed by everything all the time from multiple people.

Movespeed classes still have an advantage, but you really cant get past that.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Large Bat

Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the event, even if I didn't win. As a low level casual player for a few months now, it was really cool having an opportunity to win items that I'd otherwise never see. I really loved the streaming Christmas music, heh.

One thing I'll echo is that quests need to be announced in the stream. I never knew if I was supposed to be following the shout channel or the stream, so I ended up missing the first round of quests as the instructions got drowned out in the chat spam. Really cool event guys, thanks again.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Default Thanks guys!

Thank you Speedi for hosting this event, and collecting / purchasing tons of prizes, and doing the raffle, and streaming the whole thing, and anything else you may have done that I'm not aware of!
Thank you Sorn for writing all those quests, and testing them, and collecting all the items, and writing out all the dialogue for easy macro making, and trying to recruit volunteers, and dealing with the stress of what looked to me like a living nightmare of problems!
Thank you donators for donating so much, and volunteers for volunteering, and the GMs - I saw you there! I see everything!

You guys sacrificed your time and spent a lot of energy to do all of this, so people could experience an event, and have fun, and maybe win some items, and you didn't have to do any of it... but you did anyways because you're great people! There, I said it. You're great too staff members, for the exact same reasons!

I don't think I've ever seen a player ran event in any other game or emu server before, outside of actual classic EQ, and it's events like these that reaffirm my belief that Everquest, and Project 1999 are special, and that's largely due to the community. I may be a social pariah irl but I can still recognize awesome people when I see them gosh dangit

Have a happy Everquest everyone!

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 12-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

i just wish there were a few more loud mouthed dissenters who would post here crying about how turrible the event was that would really flesh out the void in my soul filled by p99 forums
Old 12-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Here is a short video of the event:

https://youtu.be/E5i4CLkAMAI

A big thank you to all the organisers and contributors of the event, it was good fun despite all the grinch lords out there.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vareous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a short video of the event:

https://youtu.be/E5i4CLkAMAI

A big thank you to all the organisers and contributors of the event, it was good fun despite all the grinch lords out there.

Merry Christmas!
A+ trail of halfling corpses

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Closed Thread