Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 10:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human Wizard of Innoruuk. I don't want to trash my Dead faction though. Got a loam cloak so I'm not too worried about getting one of those.
nice I appreciate the roleplay don't see enough evil human wizards
Old 05-28-2021, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Run around clicking it on everything
Old 05-28-2021, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard this was one of the most important tools that a wizard will ever receive so I'm wondering how I'm meant to use this to its max potential. Do I macro my spells to use it before each casting? Do I just make a separate hotkey for its inventory slot and get used to clicking it in rapid succession with my spells? Just wondering what the best way to go about it is.

On a side note too, I'm also wondering about the Solist's Icy Wand. My wizard got one early on as well and around the time he could use it, it was pretty valuable. I'm 25 now though and I don't use it as much, though it has helped in some cases where I ran OOM and needed to finish off a mob. Should I be continuing to equip it or when would be a good time to "graduate" out of it with a normal mainhand item? Since it has to be equipped to be activated. Is there a less annoying way to swap to it when it is needed, other than opening my inventory, opening the bag it's sitting in, and manually equipping it before casting it?
I almost forgot, the staff is good to shorten the cool down on your DD spells. So yes, you want click the staff once immediately after every casting to eliminate cool down on your casting gems, so you can cast again immediately. At certain levels this can nearly double your DPS an makes wizards clear kings of DPS. My 52 wizard can do 8k damage in 36 seconds using that staff to eliminate spell cool down. I can kill Ice giants, 5k mobs in less than 30 seconds. No other class can do that.
Closed Thread