Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

I'd argue that classic everquest died with LDoN. Gone were the day of going down into dungeons. After LDoN it was all randomly interconnected hallways with merchants selling gear for completion tokens. Everything before LDoN is classic.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta follow the classic^2 p1999 timeline and have 5 years of kunark!
Yep a classic project 1999 retro experience recreation.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

There is no debate that luclin is the downfall turning point of classic everquest.

My dream is a vanilla locked server with really subtle custom content added in later on to fill out some of the mysteriously go-nowhere quests in the game and thicken out the traditional norrath.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Well gustoo, I miiiiight be the wet blanket that says "I always quit in the middle of velious for some reason.."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

but luclin sure as hell made me glad I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-03-2021 at 01:41 PM..
Old 11-03-2021, 03:23 PM
Banned

May as well go to GoD if you keep the server 1 box, solo. Player guilds could spread out and pick what content they want to do.
Last edited by starkind; 11-03-2021 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-03-2021, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

The goal should have been to create a classic feel server. P99 could be so much more fun.

But OP sadly all you will get is "get fucked", "not classic", "book not up", "die" and other similar responses. Everquest is not meant to be played for multiple years in 2 expansions and the creators seem to have no desire to keep things fresh. So get your occational nostalgia fix and move along
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue that classic everquest died with LDoN.
This, although I feel like LDoN itself wasn't so bad, because the game still had enough "old EQ" at that point, and all that "interchangeability" hadn't taken over yet. Those five new instanced dungeons were interchangeable, but they were just a novel/fun way to get AAs in between PoP raids; they hadn't yet corrupted the whole game.

My personal dream server would go to LDoN and stop there. With AAs and augments people could work on their characters for a long time, but it would still fundamentally be the same original game and not that atrocity of mercenaries and such.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of you to volunteer your time to reverse engineer so much work.
Also this. I'd love the dream server I just mentioned, but if I were to go to Rogean, Nilbog, or anyone else behind P99 in real life and say "hey, after all the work you did could you also build this server for me?" ... I'd fully expect them to punch me in the face [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm very appreciative of what we do have here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This, although I feel like LDoN itself wasn't so bad, because the game still had enough "old EQ" at that point, and all that "interchangeability" hadn't taken over yet. Those five new instanced dungeons were interchangeable, but they were just a novel/fun way to get AAs in between PoP raids; they hadn't yet corrupted the whole game.

My personal dream server would go to LDoN and stop there. With AAs and augments people could work on their characters for a long time, but it would still fundamentally be the same original game and not that atrocity of mercenaries and such.
Once again Loramin comes through with an excellent thought
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-03-2021, 04:22 PM
Large Bat

Wow, there's a lot of anger, hate, and malicious comments here. Apologies, I didn't mean to bring out the most cruel intentions of fellow gamers.

How was I supposed to know they "reverse engineered" things? It's not exactly in the fine print. It was a harmless post bragging about how the p99 devs kept everything so polished, and having enjoyed the OG game, would continue to enjoy it.

Shame on all of you intent on being mean for the purpose of simply being cruel.
Closed Thread