Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Banned

this is why i just read books for entertainment only now if they were in print before 1999 i think we are pretty safe
Old 11-04-2021, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Considering most "writers" today consider a good character to be whatever twitter and china tells them a good character is.

I for one welcome these new robot overlords! Lets hope we can get a fresh story for once.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP has autism

Being autistic means ur smart. P.s. don't make fun of autistic ppl. Ppl have eaten permabans across multiple accounts. So watch it.
Last edited by starkind; 11-04-2021 at 07:55 PM..
Old 11-04-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Being autistic means ur smart. P.s. don't make fun of autistic ppl. Ppl have eaten permabans across multiple accounts. So watch it.
Very true. Smartest guy I know has a postdoc in a very erudite field and has aspergers.

I have some pretty darn brilliant people in my family - not surprised if I am somewhere on the spectrum.

I have 100% classified myself as hypomanic. Thankfully, not many of the negative side effects and no bipolar / depression.

+1 Starkind
Old 11-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very true. Smartest guy I know has a postdoc in a very erudite field and has aspergers.

I have some pretty darn brilliant people in my family - not surprised if I am somewhere on the spectrum.

I have 100% classified myself as hypomanic. Thankfully, not many of the negative side effects and no bipolar / depression.

+1 Starkind
Just like you classified yourself as a record holder. Since it’s all self diagnosed it must be true! Funny how that works!
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 11-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then stop being so dumb and annoying
Old 11-04-2021, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+1 Starkind
Ya, autism is a spectrum and aspergers is on the absolute highest functioning side of it. Meaning high functioning to the point where the person can even handle most social situations without difficulty or even without others being able to notice any possible social incongruences

A person functioning at a level below asperger’s would have noticeable issues in social situations. From assessing kids on the spectrum on this functioning level it’s usually quickly apparent that there’s something that’s just a little “off” in their communication style. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes they are just more intense, as if they are concentrating much harder on speaking than should be necessary. Other times they may make a comment that is too blunt or inappropriate for the conversation. Things like that

Then there is a low functioning side to autism. The lower the functioning level the more cognition will be effected, and the person will struggle with things like sudden change in routine and issues with stimuli/textures. The very lowest functioning have limited or no vocabulary and frequently engage in self-injurious behavior such as hitting self

So when someone uses the word “autism” no one really knows where on that spectrum there are picturing. How someone appears on each far end is like night and day different
Old 11-04-2021, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like you classified yourself as a record holder. Since it’s all self diagnosed it must be true! Funny how that works!
Facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsungHero
Ya, autism is a spectrum and aspergers is on the absolute highest functioning side of it. Meaning high functioning to the point where the person can even handle most social situations without difficulty or even without others being able to notice any possible social incongruences

A person functioning at a level below asperger’s would have noticeable issues in social situations. From assessing kids on the spectrum on this functioning level it’s usually quickly apparent that there’s something that’s just a little “off” in their communication style. It’s hard to describe, but sometimes they are just more intense, as if they are concentrating much harder on speaking than should be necessary. Other times they may make a comment that is too blunt or inappropriate for the conversation. Things like that

Then there is a low functioning side to autism. The lower the functioning level the more cognition will be effected, and the person will struggle with things like sudden change in routine and issues with stimuli/textures. The very lowest functioning have limited or no vocabulary and frequently engage in self-injurious behavior such as hitting self

So when someone uses the word “autism” no one really knows where on that spectrum there are picturing. How someone appears on each far end is like night and day different
Also facts.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

But don't get so hung up on the 1-50 speedrun record you forget the classic #1 DPS record

https://streamable.com/ftle4

=)
Old 11-04-2021, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's not great that people like OP self-identify as autistic as a cheap road to intellectual clout online. Autism is awful.
Closed Thread