Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-14-2021, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

I’m confused.

I think the best format is a permanent stagnant end of velious server and a new fresh server running through a lifecycle that in the end is added to the original server.

Green flows to blue
Brown flows to red

4 servers up. One aged and complete and one living out its life.

The aged servers always have a pending population boost of people about to join who may or may not wanna live the progression over again.

So they grow slowly.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused.

I think the best format is a permanent stagnant end of velious server and a new fresh server running through a lifecycle that in the end is added to the original server.

Green flows to blue
Brown flows to red

4 servers up. One aged and complete and one living out its life.

The aged servers always have a pending population boost of people about to join who may or may not wanna live the progression over again.

So they grow slowly.
oh ya, that'd be the perfect world.

Seriously I enjoy vanilla caps 1-50, wish there was a vanilla RPpvP server (thats what I would make)
Old 11-15-2021, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Wow Ecoli that was very sad to read. There will never be a red 2.0 and red 1.0 will be dead. No one's coming back LOL
Old 11-15-2021, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im confused here and important since i just rolled an alt on red last week. Does anyone know for a fact that green will never be dumped on blue and they are meant to be separate server forever? Cuz if thats how they do it, i have no interest in continuing to play red. I only played in the frame of mind that i will roll a necro comes 2.0 if it ever comes and eventually (like 3 years) my chars on 2.0 will be dumped on 1.0.

It would do these things: Let me play red while i wait to get reacquainted with the mechanics. Make the time on 1.0 not wasted since when the 2.0 pop gets dumped there, it means an influx of new population and a healthier 1.0 once that happens. If 2.0 never happens, then at least its possible the pop numbers in the long run will go up as more people join.

But if 2.0 isnt dumped, then 1.0 is doomed to have its pop dead. I guess it would be ok, but it means im stopping to play right away and bad for the pop health of 1.0. In fact, not knowing means im stopping right away. It really sucks this info isnt pinned somewhere, i feel bad for all these people slugging it out on red after all these years.

Like the bad clincher is they are not letting know if the players investing all this time on 1.0 are doing it for nothing, because if a server ever comes out thats not getting dumped then they might as well be playing EQ on a non-internet server at home because thats the likely outcome of a new non-dumped server. Logging in to nobody after spending years building their characters. Thats the major part i critiqued the staff here over the years, the lack of consideration for peoples time. I assumed red 2.0 was getting dumped because it seems like the only solid option, but thinking back, i could see xp loss was terrible on day1 and they didnt see it, didnt listen when it was obvious it was bad for obvious reasons and let red rot till pop dipped to single digit. Seems like things havent changed much around here.
Sounds like you're concerned about pixel accumulation. Otherwise why not start fresh and have fun on a bustling server. If you're tortured on red, dont play. Also, people like you lingering around is the reason a 2.0 has not and may never come. Rogaen would be more inclined to consider it if he saw a big fat 0 next to population on home screen
Old 11-15-2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you're concerned about pixel accumulation. Otherwise why not start fresh and have fun on a bustling server. If you're tortured on red, dont play. Also, people like you lingering around is the reason a 2.0 has not and may never come. Rogaen would be more inclined to consider it if he saw a big fat 0 next to population on home screen
You misinterpret what im saying. Besides last week where i started an alt, i havent played in about 5 years. Im more concerned about the... lack of concern for people who keep playing there, when i realised it wasnt sure 2.0 was getting dumped if it ever happens. The ideal scenario would be a fresh 2.0 server dumped on 1.0 at the end of its life cycle. Thats what im pushing for really.

But not knowing wether or not the new server (if it ever happens) will be dumped is preventing me from enjoying playing on red. I dont know how everyone else is doing it, they must not grasp these problems, or like you said, addicted to pixels.

This is just like why i quit back in Kunark and with xp loss. I didnt trust the staff to care about the time people put into this. Im not gonna play 1.0 not knowing if the effort i put in to play a new alt is going to be for nothing when a new non-dumped server comes out. Like i could grind for 2 months, get my alt to 60, get settled to play end game and then a new server comes out (a non-dumped one, which will kill 1.0). Im not going to do that, like seriously. Expecting people to do that is im sorry to say par for the course for how they treat their players here since day 1.

So just like i guess they dont owe us anything, they are also not owed a healthy populated server which people wanna play on because they trust the staff and the road they are taking. If they want to do the bare minimum possible and throw a pvp server down once every 10 years, put it in maintenance / no communication mode like this is how its gonna be, fuck your feedback if you dont like it fuck off, well people are going to take a hint and fuck off.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 11-15-2021 at 04:43 PM..
Old 11-15-2021, 04:40 PM
Aviak

Old 11-16-2021, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Disappointed this day
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-16-2021, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

I felt optimistic for a moment.
Old 11-16-2021, 01:20 PM
Kobold

y

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shac; 11-16-2021 at 01:23 PM..
Old 11-16-2021, 01:45 PM
Large Rat

rogain just wants to get red 2.0 right, that's why his test server is still locked. Have faith!