Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 02:18 PM
Orc

Unhappy Broken spawn?

Static hill giant in east karana doesn't seem to be spawning since update. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2021, 05:21 PM
Kobold

I'd definitely recommend checking out the dedicated bug section here to see if the topic you're mentioning has already been reported or to ask, yourself, if the issue hasn't been so already.
It's certainly within probability, as I once did need to report a missing NPC on the server a time back.
Old 11-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Another undocumented feature
Old 11-25-2021, 11:02 AM
Banned

are the mucktail gnolls not spawning?

seems a lot more spawns may be broken

Bug Report > https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=395248

gl to ya'll hope it gets fixed next update soon(tm)
Last edited by starkind; 11-25-2021 at 11:22 AM..
Old 11-26-2021, 11:57 AM
Banned

I think they've been trying to make spawns more classic, as lots (like quillmane for example) were basically just guesses by the original EQemu devs, which p99 is built off of.

Some static spawns may be deemed bugs and removed. I personally never remember there being static HG spawns anywhere. HG's had paths with placeholders and a random chance to spawn, I definitely do not remember anyone sitting at one spot and getting a HG every 6 minutes on live
Old 11-26-2021, 04:16 PM
Banned

The gnolls have PHs, so maybe before when they were always up was just a bug. When I get bigger I'm going to definitely kill the mobs there and see how it all works.

They've almost universally always been up in the past so maybe they were bugged then. I'm a little too low to kill most of their phs now.

Further testing required.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think they've been trying to make spawns more classic, as lots (like quillmane for example) were basically just guesses by the original EQemu devs, which p99 is built off of.
was quillmane originally spawned differently than live? cause it was super easy to spawn quillmanes on live when I tried a few years ago
Old 11-27-2021, 03:18 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*flex*
Old 11-28-2021, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrzep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Static hill giant in east karana doesn't seem to be spawning since update. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The HG spawn at (-1157, -1030) now has two confirmed placeholders: a willowisp and a gorge hound. There appears to be a relatively equal chance for each, similar to the other confirmed HG spawn in East Karana. Other behavior (pathing, respawn time) appears unchanged.

The result is a significant net reduction in plat per hour camping HG's at this spawn. It now generates a reduced plat per hour (~50-100pp/h) although both HG spawns in EK can be camped at the same time (~100-200pp/h).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkStomper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another undocumented feature
This change does appear to be undocumented from the patch notes, and there does not appear to be a bug report documenting the need for a mechanics change.

Additionally (quote from the patch notes thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The west karana hill giants now having placeholders is a fun change. Missed that note.
The WK HG spawns appear to also be similarly affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some static spawns may be deemed bugs and removed. I personally never remember there being static HG spawns anywhere. HG's had paths with placeholders and a random chance to spawn, I definitely do not remember anyone sitting at one spot and getting a HG every 6 minutes on live
The changes to HGs having placeholders are in line with recent years' efforts to make it less consistent to farm raw platinum at static camps. Many of those changes are bug fixes, but it's unclear (due to lack of evidence) to determine whether or not all of these recent changes are.

Either way, for current p99 servers, these changes will have only a small impact. All three p99 servers have a historically unprecedented (read: not classic) amount of platinum circulating around the economy. It is currently more efficient to perform services for players, or to camp and sell items on the market, than it is to farm raw platinum in the majority of cases.

Where this change will be felt more significantly is on any new p99 servers in the future, as it will take longer for players to generate raw platinum on any new server. Changes such as these will also make self-found strategies (ALS, Legacy of Ik, etc.) more challenging.
Last edited by loserofgame; 11-28-2021 at 08:30 PM..
Closed Thread