Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it’s really the poison or disease counters more than the damage. A DD without a debuff or slight stun isn’t much aggro nor is a pure damage dot (like a Bloodfire). It obviously helps but only to a point.

I’m not sure where green is but there was a time when the debuff like items on a prob were cumulative, even down to each counter. These days on blue most aggro rated weapons do approximately the same proc aggro. The nerf has given more value in actual weapons that do actual things rather than silly weapons like the WESS which just arbitrarily met the criteria. Once you get that initial aggro threshold it’s about ratio, speed and practical effects.
i understand the changes about aggro. what i mean is that if all aggro is limited to 400 + dd/dot component, and if dot damage counts the same as dd damage (in that the aggro generated is equal to the entire dot duration damage when the spell initially lands) then the strong disease proc would make that whip one of, if not, the best aggro weapons in the game. the 3 damage per tick for 15 minutes (150 ticks) means that, in addition to the poison counter aggro limit of 400, the dot damage component would be an additional 450, which is better than the epic and/or blade of the black dragon eye. all that said, it might NOT be the case as well; if the dot aggro is generated as the damage is received (i.e. only 3 per tic for 15 minutes) then its actually not significantly better for aggro generation.
Last edited by bobjonesp99; 10-24-2021 at 12:33 AM..
Closed Thread