Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you be more inspired to start/continue on green if you knew it wasn't merging?
Yes! 42 44.21%
No... 44 46.32%
7/11 was a part time job 9 9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Merge makes sense. Two time locked dead servers does not.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:12 PM
Banned

Oh man I'm already itching for a new green. Those first few months with classic only and rubi dropping and hoarding box of abukars. And actual groups everywhere and no twinks yet. Let's doooo it.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well?
No,
I am a reset player. I enjoy ladders, I enjoy leagues and I enjoy Seasons.

If green doesn't restart it's literally a dead server to me.

I have BIS raid gear on blue, green was my chance to experience classic-velious.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-16-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no issues with the 'all for naught' thing. When they make a new Green, I will make a new character, and I'll do it all over again. Different class, different race, different persona.

I think I'll make a bard.
Neither do I. Just said it because some people don’t want a merge because they feel like all of their progress has been for nothing on Green in that case. But they don’t realize that time locked progression is always all for naught technically, because there will always be a new server at some point and so whether you merge or not doesn’t matter from that perspective.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

i think there is a few reason people dont want to merge:

1) blues economy is kinda jacked up since its been out for 10 years
2) some people like the green servers limitations
3) 7 days and epic mobs targets are already super contested, merging will just make it moreso a problem
4) and youll be competing against BIS guilds who have been playing for 10 years

i'm kinda divided. on one hand, i like a healthy population (1k+ active players is a good place to be) and some of the QOL changes for blue might be nice (pet window, tab targeting). i also kinda like that we play on a server without those things too though, its a unique and different challenge, and part of the reason lots of us play this game is because its challenging. i do feel that getting dumped into the server will cause more people to leave than return (even though the single server will have a bigger population). the guild dynamics will be weird too, since many people played on blue and have characters in guilds there. either way, i do believe they will make a green 2.0 and i think they dont want to end up with a server population like red.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjonesp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think there is a few reason people dont want to merge:

1) blues economy is kinda jacked up since its been out for 10 years
2) some people like the green servers limitations
3) 7 days and epic mobs targets are already super contested, merging will just make it moreso a problem
4) and youll be competing against BIS guilds who have been playing for 10 years
1) Green's economy will be jacked up too by the last patch of the Velious timeline. Certainly not quite as bad as Blue's but it will definitely be mudflated and not merging isn't going to prevent it from getting worse.

2) There will be a new Green to roll on complete with all limitations.

3) & 4) You do realize that the hardcore raiders on Green are the same people who are hardcore raiding on Blue right? Merging won't affect the raid scene.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh man I'm already itching for a new green. Those first few months with classic only and rubi dropping and hoarding box of abukars. And actual groups everywhere and no twinks yet. Let's doooo it.
This
Old 08-17-2021, 01:23 PM
Aviak

I would like to see a restart, I wasn't able to be at Green launch do to health reasons. And only just getting back to P99.
Old 08-17-2021, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

PURPLE 99!!
Old 08-17-2021, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3) & 4) You do realize that the hardcore raiders on Green are the same people who are hardcore raiding on Blue right? Merging won't affect the raid scene.
This is an oft-repeated myth. The vast majority of the high end raid scene on green is not made up of hardcore blue raiders.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Closed Thread