Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Default Stupid question I'm sure. Plat

Where would you farm as an SK to generate some plat? I'm drawing blanks. I'm not super geared, but I'm also not too terrible.
Old 09-07-2021, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Banned

Loramin worshiping the wiki again

Keep in mind OP, that half of that info isn't viable for shadowknights and cater more to

pet classes

If I were you, I get a duo partner (shaman) and maybe kill some ice giants.

If you want something chill and easy, try halfling guards in misty or paineel guards (if not

a erudite SK)

Good luck.

PS: An alternative to getting fat plat is to head to dungeon groups and winning rolls on big items like T Staff or fungi etc
Old 09-07-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

San'Drax which server and what level are you? What is your weapon?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin worshiping the wiki again
What does that even mean? It's like you're imagining this or something:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-07-2021 at 02:55 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by San'Drax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where would you farm as an SK to generate some plat? I'm drawing blanks. I'm not super geared, but I'm also not too terrible.
Killing guards is always a solid choice when farming plat as an SK. Sadly halfling guards in misty thicket have been nerfed, so the best spot is now gone. If you are level 25-40 they are still a good option for xp and money simultaneously if you have the wall to yourself I would imagine. You can also kill the guards in Rivervale when you are in your 30s. Once you are around level 40 you can do the east freeport guards at the dock and in the Grub and Grog Tavern. East Freeport is nice because you can sell in the evil underground tunnels fairly quickly. You can just stay in-zone the entire time. You can do that all the way to 50.

When you get mid 40s (don't have an exact level range sadly) you can also do butcherblock guards and sell at the druid rings merchant (indifferent to everybody).

Around level 50 you should be able to do Felwithe guards, you just need to be extra careful since they do cast spells, but standard Fear Kiting worked fine for me.

55+ is where it gets harder to xp and farm at the same time, since all guards green out. Soloing Goos in Wakening Land can be pretty good coin and XP up until at least level 57.

I haven't tried Hill Giants since their spawn points were nerfed, but they may still be decent farming when you are in your upper 40s and beyond, when they don't hit as hard and can be feared easily.

You can also kill paineel skeleton guards early on in your 20s I think, but I have never done it myself, so I cannot comment too much on that.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Around level 50 you should be able to do Felwithe guards, you just need to be extra careful since they do cast spells, but standard Fear Kiting worked fine for me.
Good races can instead do Troll guards (or Dark Elf or Ogre, but I haven't personally done those).

Old 09-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
San'Drax which server and what level are you? What is your weapon?
I'm 60 on blue with PHF and bagged epic. Some ghetto armor pieces tho, not even close to bis. No fungi.

I keep trying to find items that sell fast and worth around 3k ish that I could possibly farm.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Treasure hunting guide doesn't help. But I have read it and followed it earlier in my p99 career.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does your spidey sense tingle when one of these types of posts appears?
Closed Thread