Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booleansphinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your offhand attacks the same was as your main hand, except before the attack goes through it makes a skill check. If it fails, the offhand goes on cooldown based on weapon delay and no attack occurs. Similar to what happens if you are out of range with your auto-attack on.
Are you talking about p1999 here? If so upon what are you basing this statement?

Ever played a high level ranger with Wyrmslayer and Lupine Dagger?
Old 10-15-2021, 07:53 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you talking about p1999 here? If so upon what are you basing this statement?

Ever played a high level ranger with Wyrmslayer and Lupine Dagger?
I can't figure out how to edit my post, but I can see the wording is confusing.

Your offhand attacks the same way as your main hand, on an independent timer. Except, before the offhand attack goes through, it makes a skill check. If it fails, the offhand goes on cooldown based on its weapon delay (as if it had swung), but the offhand attack does not occur. This is similar to what happens to your main hand if you are out of range with your auto-attack on.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

The last Scout roll I did for my 60 ranger I used a BFG (20/50) and a Swiftwind (13/21). This was the amount of hits landed (not sure on misses):

67 seconds
BFG main hand = 36 hits (73.2% dps)
Swiftwind offhand = 51 hits (26.8% dps)

I disc'ed so the skill cap for archery should have been the same as 1h. In short, the offhand swings independently of the main.
Old 10-16-2021, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

I’m not refuting what Boole said, it actually makes sense. Just added some extra data for the MH/OH swing dynamics and overall dps difference.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by booleansphinx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQEMU is likely not 100% true to P99s formulas, but I'd bet it's pretty close.
In the EQEMU,
Double attack is (Skill + Level) / 500
Dual Wield is (Skill + Level) / 375
Parry and Dodge is (Skill + 100) / 4500
Riposte is (Skill + 100) / 5000

I never looked into procing, it gets pretty hairy in the code.
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...one/attack.cpp

The wiki has a lot of mention about the denominator ("max skill") changing based on class, but I think that's unlikely. The different skill caps given to classes only really make sense if the "max skill" is the same.

Your offhand attacks the same was as your main hand, except before the attack goes through it makes a skill check. If it fails, the offhand goes on cooldown based on weapon delay and no attack occurs. Similar to what happens if you are out of range with your auto-attack on.
appreciate comments like this; i just plugged these updated forumlae into my calculator and its coming very close to the attempt per primary and attempt per secondary for my parsed data sets.

still unclear on if triple attacks are a thing for 1h, dual wield and/or 2h, but could probably be tested with 60 war and high delay weapons without haste. i think one of the current issues is inputs in logs are per second and if a hasted delay faster than 10 you can have multiple inputs on the same second so it looks like >2 attempts for primary for example.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:15 PM
Kobold

I just did a quick little parse with a 25 delay main hand wepon at 100% haste. (so should be 1.25 secs per round...)

out of 533 main hand rounds...

41% were single attack
54% were double attack
5% appear to have been triple attack.

I also saw 64% double attacks with off hand.

Hilariously: (54+5) + 64 ... averages out to 61% chance to double attack. which falls in the line with the formula posted above.

Additionally. Said formulas predict an 80% chance to swing off hand. And I saw a 77% swing rate. Seems reasonably within confidence interval based on sample size.
Closed Thread