Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Default list system flaw

i used to spout good things about the list system but just encountered a bit of a flaw.

I woke up this morning to camp rubi bp, got down here all spawns are up. 3 people in line none of them can kill the spawn. litterally all just sitting here keeping their spot in the list. I guess im supposed to solo the spawn for 30 hours to get the 4th bp ya right im out of here.

Prob should make some kind of adjust for this lol.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgart112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i used to spout good things about the list system but just encountered a bit of a flaw.

I woke up this morning to camp rubi bp, got down here all spawns are up. 3 people in line none of them can kill the spawn. litterally all just sitting here keeping their spot in the list. I guess im supposed to solo the spawn for 30 hours to get the 4th bp ya right im out of here.

Prob should make some kind of adjust for this lol.
Probably eating government cheese too
Old 11-25-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

prob using government drugs too
Old 11-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Kobold

there are people in line that can kill him actually.. we just arent doing it for 1 solo rogue.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there are people in line that can kill him actually.. we just arent doing it for 1 solo rogue.
Yes, wasting dozens more hours staring at a screen pointlessly makes so much more sense. Brilliant!
Old 11-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, wasting dozens more hours staring at a screen pointlessly makes so much more sense. Brilliant!
I just cannot understand their mentality. They would rather not get their item than help someone get theirs and decrease the time to get their own. There is no way someone with this thought process can be a functioning member of society.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just cannot understand their mentality. They would rather not get their item than help someone get theirs and decrease the time to get their own. There is no way someone with this thought process can be a functioning member of society.
if I refuse to work you are going to pay my bills and take care of me right?

right?

im on the list...

right?
Old 11-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
stubbornquest

edit:
It'd be really nice if there was some ethos here beyond greed though. Everybody likes to pretend it's about 'earning' the item but the less of these items the more valuable they'll be, so it's in no one's interest to help anyone else. As insane as it sounds waiting 80 hours on a petition to get one person thrown off a list is better than waiting 40 hours to help him get the item because all you're doing is lessening your own monopolization of power by getting someone an item you're trying to keep scarce. These items should just be made no trade and be done with it or just start it with them disabled. It's becoming a ZEM situation where by leaving something like this in all you're doing is encouraging behavior that is decidedly not classic and against the spirit of the server.
But certainly for the present age, which prefers the sign to the thing signified, the copy to the original, representation to reality, the appearance to the essence... illusion only is sacred, truth profane. Nay, sacredness is held to be enhanced in proportion as truth decreases and illusion increases, so that the highest degree of illusion comes to be the highest degree of sacredness.
-Feuerbach, Preface to the second edition of The Essence of Christianity
Last edited by worm4real; 11-25-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 11-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Come back to the camp when you're actually able to hold it. This should be a requirement.

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 11-25-2019, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Should implement something to where if the PH isn't dead within 30 mins or so of spawn everyone on list gets kicked off(or top 2-3) with 5 min lockout on re joining list. It is pretty dumb people can hold a spot captive like that just because they're high enough level even if they can't solo it.
Closed Thread