Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Loce and me once did about 40 consecutive puppet show rounds with zero throne drops :<
Old 07-25-2019, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC quest and Goblin Rings (Kunark?) didn't exist when the game came out. It seems you played during a later era. Most people didn't know about the camps. Most people weren't high enough level to do a lot of those camps you listed in the first place.

Camping quickly became more and more commonplace, but at least for awhile it wasn't what people played the game for. People went to Cazic Thule or Lower Guk to get in any group, not to farm an item.

Lol, I was playing at the start and there were most assuredly camps. People learned real fast where what items were where.

Camps have been a part of the game since day one.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I was playing at the start and there were most assuredly camps. People learned real fast where what items were where.

Camps have been a part of the game since day one.
Not true. At "day one" people were wandering around newbie yards, often after taking a long time to learn how to even get out of their starting city. Except for maybe a tiny handful of people who played beta extensively.

Eventually as people wandered into dungeons like Najena and found out Jboots dropped there, information would spread and it would become more camped, but the majority of the player population didn't even know Jboots existed during the first 6 months of the game. They were off playing in other parts of the game world and that information never got to them.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. At "day one" people were wandering around newbie yards, often after taking a long time to learn how to even get out of their starting city. Except for maybe a tiny handful of people who played beta extensively.

Eventually as people wandered into dungeons like Najena and found out Jboots dropped there, information would spread and it would become more camped, but the majority of the player population didn't even know Jboots existed during the first 6 months of the game. They were off playing in other parts of the game world and that information never got to them.
I'm telling you that camps were common very early on. Maybe you were focused more narrowly on what you were doing? Did you play a "solo" class back in the day?
Old 07-25-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Camps were common in the sense of groups staking out certain areas to fight in. That's not the same as endless waitlists for a boring placeholder NPC like AC, where individuals sit around doing nothing. Again, not many people had the knowledge of where all the items dropped, or were even high enough level to take part in it. 90% of the playerbase was no higher than level 30 during first 6 months of EQ.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Having him spawn right as you walk away is the definition of bad luck, considering it's a guaranteed drop. I imagine you'll never leave a camp prior to respawns again. As far as Jboots go it took me 8 hours straight to get the only pair I ever camped in OOC. After that I decided it was easier to farm money and buy them, especially because when I camped it was before there was mega elflords corpsing 30 rings on the island to hold the camp forever and I didn't feel like contending with the very embodiment of anti-fun gameplay.

I'm sure there's plenty of mindbroken mages out there with a story or two to tell about the earth staff pre-update. That was reason enough for me to never make a mage, since their epic was pretty important.
Last edited by Keza; 07-25-2019 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: Sprelling
Old 07-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

308 scout rolls and counting.... no bracer
Old 07-25-2019, 07:50 PM
Kobold

I missed a rare item only 3 people in the entirety of EQ worldwide had, by a week.

Sorry, yours was unfortunate but you gave up the AC willingly before waiting for the spawn.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 07-25-2019 at 08:02 PM..
Old 07-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

I read "The Witching Hour" while camping the power of fire and that fucking horse in SK. Eventually just bought the MQ to Phinny's staff.

After I got my epic I posted the mother of all flaming rants on the Saryrn Tavern message board over it.

So now when people ask when I'm going to do the mage epic on here I get a twitch.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Definitely won’t give up the camp until the last placeholder that’s for sure. You’re right about the corpsing. It’s the same three of four people with corpses all over the island and I have a hard time contending with that level of poopsocking. Hopefully I get lucky and breeze thru the list of four people ahead of me and NOT have to camp for another 8 hours by that time. But I doubt it
Closed Thread