Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The blue playerbase, not the red one, is the reason had to spend his time making this btw. Otherwise, you Antonican MAGGOTS would have destroyed this fresh roll up with cooking the books on lists and handing off only when non guildies had given up and logged. Or lies about what dropped etc. I can only imagine.
You're absolutely right. This wouldn't happen on red. Could you imagine? A server with enough people to form a list.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Banned

I don't like the idea of blaming the common people for common people behavior. I've been arguing that the system of rules is wack for a long time. The consistency isn't there..... Which allows for GMs and Guides to be flexible in situations but it also will create a lot of hurt feelings over the inevitable inconsistency. People are simply trying to compete to improve their character. No one wants to run around dying with a level 1 character forever. People derive fun from winning and improving. Is Super Mario fun if you never make it past the 1st level?

Things are very limited in classic with only so much to camp. People competing hard for them was going to be an inevitability.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

You can make programmed systems that police themselves in the spirit of classic that weren't possible or thought of back in the day.

It's like baseball's robo-umpire system that a lot of people push for; the technology is there and people want to replace humans because humans will get things wrong where a machine will not. I mean, if you watch baseball you'll see that we have the tech. The broadcasts often show pitch replays and constantly show where an umpire got a call wrong.

/list is the EverQuest version of Robo-Umpires. You don't want it because it'll stop you from being a scumbag making biased decisions, but it's needed to remove human error from the equation.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The blue playerbase, not the red one, is the reason had to spend his time making this btw.
God I hate agreeing with Red players, on anything. But you're not wrong:

Quote:
8.2.3 Contested Spawn Complaints

When a complaint is received ...

On PvP servers, where players can reach a solution to the contested spawn situation, the CS Representative does not need to require the players to share the spawn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/list is the EverQuest version of Robo-Umpires. You don't want it because it'll stop you from being a scumbag making biased decisions, but it's needed to remove human error from the equation.
Brilliant analogy! And just like with robot umps, many purists worry that "the devil is in the details" (eg. I don't think our "robot umps" are quite the equivalent of live ones ... if only because our's don't sleep). But once the details are hammered out and perfected, robot umps are clearly better for the game.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Yes, I get it Secrets. It's the same argument that can used with Fraps. Has it really made Everquest better? No it hasn't.

The game is worse off with staff implemented CSR mechanics. And that's entirely the problem.

Anyone who ever played on live knows that the servers govern'd themselves. It made for the best player experiences. It's not to be a scumbag, but to play the game it was actually meant to be played.

ROBO umps aren't used in baseball for the same exact reason. IT CHANGES THE GAME.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Aviak

Just because a technology is introduced, doesn't mean it has to be used. We have turned a 1999 game into a 2020 carebear version. We even rooted the fucking dragons. Really?

All of these implementations are staff related. Nothing to do with improving the game. I can't thank Nilbog, Rogean, and other staff members enough for making all of this happen, as I wouldn't even be able to relive all this with yall, but we have lost the concept of what made this game what it was.

We claim we want to cut down on the CSR issues, and instead, implemented mechanics that are centralized AROUND CSR issues, it's changed the game. I mean, look no further then Blue. And non-classic mechanics are creeping into Teal and Green now.

Gimmie a break.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

I miss the old p99.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:34 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should apply to all named creature camps.

It's clear to me that P99'ers cannot exist in harmony like they did back in the day.

(alternatively, turn on pvp upon a list growing to more than 6 people)
Just give every full group their own instance of a zone. Not a full group? You get the crap non-instanced zone.

There. Everyone is happy.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just give every full group their own instance of a zone. Not a full group? You get the crap non-instanced zone.

Pick zones!!!!
Old 12-04-2019, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some people just don't want to be happy.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread