Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of cucks on these forums so I doubt that one is going anywhere.

Meanwhile, the phrase that needs to GTFO is "imagine blah blah blah" used to make fun of someone.

"imagine camping mana stone in 2020"
"imagine being so triggered by the word cuck you make a forum post"
"imagin blah blah blah"

The only imagining I do is of all the people, living life in peace
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-23-2020, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cuck is needed because it fills the gap between faggot and douche. And not quite the same as retard.
And you’re saying that’s a gap that NEEDED filling? I’ve never seen that word used in such a precision targeted way. On the contrary, it seems to be used carte blanche to describe nearly any person you deem unworthy or undesirable.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Meanwhile, the phrase that needs to GTFO is "imagine blah blah blah" used to make fun of someone.

"imagin blah blah blah"

If I could edit I would add that to the list. That’s a good one.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 PM
Banned

Default Hell Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should keep a log of how many times these get used, but they’re so tired and fucked out it’s not even worth it.

Phrases we should stop using henceforth:

1. “20 year-old elf sim”

2. “Cuck”

3. “Pras”

We can do better. We can BE better. Let’s make 2020 the year we collectively said NO to using this game’s own brand of pre-teen millennial Tik Tok lingo.

<douses self in oil>

Flame on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all fairness, ‘cuck’ helps identify alt-right bozos. While not definitive, it is at least an indicator. People like to throw it around here a lot, so it may just be more “edgy” than just regular alt-right nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a Literature major and very anti-censorship: if you try and say a particular word (or books that use that word), should be banned, I'll be first in line to fight you.

But at the same time, words like "cuck", or using "gay" as a generic "bad" ... they're just lazy. It's like using the adjective "cool": yes you can use it in a whole lot of sentences, but should you?

There's almost certainly some other more descriptive adjective you could use instead of "cool" ... but it would take one micron more mental energy to use one of those words.

It's the same deal with "cuck", "fag", or "retard": it's never like you need, and there's no other word you could use instead which A) would be more descriptive, and B) wouldn't make some of your fellow humans feel hated for who they are ...

... but it would take a tiny bit more mental energy.
Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you’re saying that’s a gap that NEEDED filling? I’ve never seen that word used in such a precision targeted way. On the contrary, it seems to be used carte blanche to describe nearly any person you deem unworthy or undesirable.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2020, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Y'all are really sensitive about your words. It's not like he is going to take them away from you.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:17 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"imagin blah blah blah"

Agreed!

Imagine being a person to write this and also to post it.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
a brotherhood of man 🥰
Old 01-24-2020, 01:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a Literature major and very anti-censorship: if you try and say a particular word (or books that use that word), should be banned, I'll be first in line to fight you.

But at the same time, words like "cuck", or using "gay" as a generic "bad" ... they're just lazy. It's like using the adjective "cool": yes you can use it in a whole lot of sentences, but should you?

There's almost certainly some other more descriptive adjective you could use instead of "cool" ... but it would take one micron more mental energy to use one of those words.

It's the same deal with "cuck", "fag", or "retard": it's never like you need, and there's no other word you could use instead which A) would be more descriptive, and B) wouldn't make some of your fellow humans feel hated for who they are ...

cuck
Old 01-24-2020, 03:23 AM
Sarnak

take them from my cold dead hands
Old 01-24-2020, 03:36 AM
Banned

Quote:

Then give some examples. No other word has the same energy as retard.

And what else would you say besides "cool / nice / awesome"? Mint?
Closed Thread