Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Orc

The argument that you won't need an FBSS and its two items in one to justify the price shows that we are working with the average high school drop out. Just use the blanket statement that there is nothing else to spend your money on to justify your irrational price.

I'd happily sit on 20k, knowing that there will be gear that actually is worthwhile coming down the road.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Your problem is that it won't be 20k later. There's definitely a timeline for both items. SCHW will demolish the FBSS price in turn.

Its just a question of getting out while the getting is good.

Absolutely no rush to get either tho. Just farm the damn thing. Or just get a Swirlspine.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

I can barely afford Iron Rations and Flasks of water.

We need to increase supertax and make a universal basic income for those who are unable to solo or find groups.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Are people actually surprised that sellers try to get more than market value and buyers try to pay less than market value?

Who cares if some idiot sits on an item forever and tries to sell it for fifteen million trillion plat. And vice versa the idiot trying for months to buy that item for a fraction of market value.

Items will go for what people are willing to pay. It's an advanced concept, but give it a minute and I'm sure you will be able to grasp it.

<3
Old 01-26-2020, 01:38 PM
Kobold

I main a caster, at the int cap with about 25k in gear. I have about 20k banked, my only alt is a melee with 5k in gear, but I certainly wouldn't grab him a mith two hander for 20k. I've seen just how hard those things tank in value as soon as Kunark releases.

Then again, if I was a melee main, another 8 months of having a badass weapon is another story. Still not sure I'd drop anywhere near 20k for it though.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Mith 2h sword is among the most over rated items imho. Sure it has good haste but only for the mith 2h itself. So stop viewing it as a haste item and subtract the delay off from the haste and see it for what it is..

A 2her with good ratio in classic that becomes quickly obsolete come kunark.

Worth a few thousand pp tops.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-26-2020, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are people actually surprised that sellers try to get more than market value and buyers try to pay less than market value?
I think for people who rant about the game economy it's mostly just frustration. It can be pretty annoying to hear of things you really want that you absolutely will never be able to afford soon enough to really use them.

I would be interested to know what the prices were like for high end items back in the day 4 months after live opened. Hardly anyone knew what the gear was or what it did. I mean, I initially thought that a 'haste' item made you run faster.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Blue was pretty similar....it's just the nature of Classic servers early on. Some of the population understands how to make money quickly, and will be the ones who the high-end market is tailored towards. This is why you'll see postings of FBSS or Mithril 2-Hander for 20k+. Another portion of the population are the regular players, who can get 8-10k together over a few weeks of really working at it and feel like two weeks of their level of effort should be equal to one end-game item, thus the postings of "WTB Mithril 2-H for 8k".

So really, it's not that the economy is broken. It's that it caters to the elite first, and the scraps take a while to filter down to the masses. And we are still very much in the elite phase.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:47 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Money is much easier to make now that it was in 99. My OG half elf druid ran around 1/2 naked till she was almost 20. Would I love to have a pair of GEB's? Sure, but because of this dreaded thing called real life, I can usually only play on sat night, and sunday. I don't think I had my first pair of GEB's till after velious came out. IMO, just worry about the stuff you need have. A lvl 10 twink might have what you want, but their main spent their time and effort getting it.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Fire Giant

No one has mentioned the different item valuations across teal / green that are now visible because of the merge. On teal it wasn't uncommon to see Mith 2h for 8-10k (a fair price imho). Green had much higher valuation on everything, probably because of more poopsockers and therefore more plat. Now that the worlds have collided, it makes sense to see these disparities.
Closed Thread