Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Aviak

Default Splitpaw

I remember that Splitpaw was changed some time after release, but before Kunark came out. (at least I think it was like this) I never visited Splitpaw until after the change and I have been trying to find information on Splitpaw pre-change, but I have been unsuccessful. I think that splitpaw was changed to be slightly higher level and given better loot or something like that.

Is the current Splitpaw pre-change, or is it post change. Or am I dreaming up this entire thing and there was in fact no change to Splitpaw ever? If it is pre-change can anyone tell me the level range and some loot?

btw, I checked the earliest available allakhazam on the way back machine and that showed what appeared to be post-change splitpaw data.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Kobold

splitpaw on live is a lvl 65+ zone don't if there was any other change
Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Aviak

holy crap it is 65+ now? Maybe that is the change I am thinking of. I hadnt played EQ since 2001 one though. I could have sworn that there was a change pretty early on, maybe that is just a memory that I created after hearing some of my friends talk about it who played live up until somewhat recently.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Yeah, it was originally a low teens dungeon, then it was upgraded to a lvl 30ish dungeon, then to the 65+ it now is on Live.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Are you sure it's permanently that way? I remember it having both "Fabled" versions as well as "Darkened" versions. Are you sure the original, classic Splitpaw is now permanently a level 65 zone?

The Darkened version of the zone was supposed to be similar to the Fabled anniversary event, but was supposed to be a temporary change. Are you sure it's now permanently level 65?
Last edited by Morfnblorsh; 11-09-2009 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfnblorsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure it's permanently that way? I remember it having both "Fabled" versions as well as "Darkened" versions. Are you sure the original, classic Splitpaw is now permanently a level 65 zone?

The Darkened version of the zone was supposed to be similar to the Fabled anniversary event, but was supposed to be a temporary change. Are you sure it's now permanently level 65?
was when i last played on live, but that was right after the change, in 2006 i think.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Yea, just did some research. Apparently Splitpaw and Mistmoore were retooled for level 60+. How sad.

Good thing there's project 1999!

Oh, and about the "darkened" versions of zones I was talking about - I was thinking of Blackburrow and Lower Guk. My mistake.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomlaor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, it was originally a low teens dungeon, then it was upgraded to a lvl 30ish dungeon, then to the 65+ it now is on Live.
I think this is correct. It's currently a level 30ish dungeon because the devs couldn't find any reliable information on when it was a teens dungeon.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:35 PM
VIP / Contributor

Yeah we couldnt find any info on the teens version, so we went with the 30ish version since thats what most everyone was familiar with and there was tons of info out there on it.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Banned

Original Splitpaw was like Blackburrow, way out in South Karana. No one ever hunted there because... well, what level 12 is gonna run out to South Karana?

It as quickly changed to a more appropriate level 25+ dungeon. I never even saw the original low level version, myself.

On live, a few years ago, they changed Splitpaw once again. The lore was that The Ishva Mal (I think) attempted to summon powerful demons and elementals to her aid so that she could become a super powerful Gnoll sorceress... however, the plan backfired as the elementals poured into Splitpaw through the portal she opened, slaying all the gnolls. So if you go to Splitpaw today, it's a 65+ dungeon full of elementals.
Closed Thread