Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Banned

Default The name graveyard

Please post here if your name was changed so we can keep track of whos name was changed.

Old name ---> New Name

Taxi Driver - Bilbus Baggons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BarackObooma - Thunderstruck
Humwawa Chemosh - Athiyk Rah`Vlos
Last edited by Taxi; 06-19-2010 at 11:45 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

How is taxi driver any worse than bilbus baggons (clear reference?)
Old 06-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned

Bilbus wouldn't have gotten through my name filter either...

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=3808
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Aviak

What the fuck is wrong with Taxi Driver? I saw a dude today in EC named Dezknutz or last night some gnome named Rickjamez who ran around calling everyone bitch. While humorous for a moment it wore out quickly.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

BarackObooma--> Thunderstruck
Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What the fuck is wrong with Taxi Driver? I saw a dude today in EC named Dezknutz or last night some gnome named Rickjamez who ran around calling everyone bitch. While humorous for a moment it wore out quickly.
And that is why names get nerfed.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1). Inconsistent with the fantasy roleplaying genre.

2). Would have never been allowed on live, which the existence of this project is to emulate.

3). Possible accusations of copyright infringement from Columbia Pictures and the estate of Bernard Herrmann.

And you're right, those other names are equally inappropriate. It's just a matter of catching them.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Money does not have to change hands to infringe Copyright....
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see anything wrong with people's names as long as they don't turn into screen names like. Rumrunner0968, then that's just way out of hand. People are going to play with whatever name they want, and they should be able to as long as it doesn't offend or harass anyone. Would you like to tell me that everyone who used the name Inkie or Inkiesomethingsomething on live, should've had their name changed? If so, please get off your high horse and come back down to reality.
It's not really my high horse. I'm not the one who was subject to a name change. And I'm not the one complaining about name changes. And as I've said countless times before, if you use even a fraction of common sense when choosing a name, it won't be subjected to change.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bilbus wouldn't have gotten through my name filter either...

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.html?id=3808
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really my high horse. I'm not the one who was subject to a name change. And I'm not the one complaining about name changes. And as I've said countless times before, if you use even a fraction of common sense when choosing a name, it won't be subjected to change.
Please keep your flaming out of this thread. I need to be able to keep editing. Thank you.
Last edited by Taxi; 06-19-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Closed Thread