Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

I liked the server when I played on it, but I hate fucking with the mac client on windows.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathWalking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its for real bro. get your tights and tunic and get online. if you need more info, or if youre having trouble with setup, send me a PM
Ordering this tunic and some tights to go with it will be ready to play when it gets here.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Don't like boxing and what does P2002 do better than P99? Is P2002 going to go to PoP or what? Otherwise, I don't understand why I'd play there over here.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Aviak

P2002 is going to PoP, and won't be stuck in expansions for multiple years at a time.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't like boxing and what does P2002 do better than P99? Is P2002 going to go to PoP or what? Otherwise, I don't understand why I'd play there over here.
Classic features such as a lack of tab targeting. Try being an effective Enchanter without tab targeting. No scrolling out to third person, only the ghetto F9 cam views, which are hardly comparable. You cannot see the exact amount of mana you have, only the percentage. There are lots of things that TakP/Project2002 have which are vastly more classic than P99.

P99 has slightly slower xp gain, a larger community, easier access, an easy economy to break into after years of farming have over-saturated the market, and doesn't have global /ooc. To each their own.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic features such as a lack of tab targeting. Try being an effective Enchanter without tab targeting. No scrolling out to third person, only the ghetto F9 cam views, which are hardly comparable. You cannot see the exact amount of mana you have, only the percentage. There are lots of things that TakP/Project2002 have which are vastly more classic than P99.

P99 has slightly slower xp gain, a larger community, easier access, an easy economy to break into after years of farming have over-saturated the market, and doesn't have global /ooc. To each their own.
And no boxing. Which is huge to me, and many, no matter how you want to spin it.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no boxing. Which is huge to me, and many, no matter how you want to spin it.
I didn't try to spin it. You asked what P2002 does better than P1999.

Boxing, btw, is classic.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Last edited by Taryth; 05-26-2015 at 07:49 PM..
Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

boxing was called dual wielding back in da day
Old 05-26-2015, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing, btw, is classic.
No, it wasn't, or at least not in any way an emulated server can reproduce. On live to box you had to:
  • have multiple physical computers
  • pay $15 per boxed account
  • have an internet connection with enough bandwidth

No one in the classic era ever had even a single free account, let alone 2+, and even if they were willing to pay for extra accounts they couldn't use them from the same computer because the client could only handle one instance (you could run multiple instances by using EQW, but that was a banned 3rd-party program). And even if you did have 2x accounts and 2x computers, you needed a (at the time very pricey) ISDN or DSL line, or you needed multiple phone lines/ISP accounts.

So, paying $30+ a month, having two computers, and paying out the nose for an internet connection that could handle both of them was classic; everything else isn't.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, it wasn't, or at least not in any way an emulated server can reproduce. On live to box you had to:
  • have multiple physical computers
  • pay $15 per boxed account
  • have an internet connection with enough bandwidth

No one in the classic era ever had even a single free account, let alone 2+, and even if they were willing to pay for extra accounts they couldn't use them from the same computer because the client could only handle one instance (you could run multiple instances by using EQW, but that was a banned 3rd-party program). And even if you did have 2x accounts and 2x computers, you needed a (at the time very pricey) ISDN or DSL line, or you needed multiple phone lines/ISP accounts.

So, paying $30+ a month, having two computers, and paying out the nose for an internet connection that could handle both of them was classic; everything else isn't.
Nonetheless, it is something which has always existed. You not being able to afford it at the time does not represent everyone else.

Closed Thread