Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly I wish they would clarify the merge thing.

I'm emotionally invested in blue and invested too much time in it and don't reaaaallly have enough to justify green.

However the thought of brining over a couple of manastones and a new firepot bound cleric with guise who can then be used to rezz my brothers char afterwards makes it overall worthwhile.

I really fucking hope they clarify this before launch. I don't want to 'waste' my time, anymore then doing any server is a huge fucking no life thing already.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I wish they would clarify the merge thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

See that sucks and in is the worst of both worlds.

Not to be ungrateful but if I grind my ass to get pre-nerf items and then find out it was all for nothing cuz they aren't gonna merge after all....

Damn.....

Well thanks for the relavent info pal.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:35 PM
Banned

just play blue if you like blue, sounds like you answered your own concern
Old 10-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

the only problem I have with the merge is theres only like 8 char slots on green and blue and if they merge then thats 16 chars on one account EQ live only allows up to 12 but I would hate to delete a full epiced 60 toon to play another or whatever food for thought people seem to be not talking about this

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See that sucks and in is the worst of both worlds.

Not to be ungrateful but if I grind my ass to get pre-nerf items and then find out it was all for nothing cuz they aren't gonna merge after all....

Damn.....

Well thanks for the relavent info pal.
Damn.....
Old 10-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Blue has always been looked upon as a Beta environment, complete with its non classic stagnant timeline advancement, leveling exploits, non classic plat generation and even item duping (remember the constant DDoS crashes during the summer years back involving this?), rapid fire ranged damage macros and more. The server staff made a promise to never delete people's characters, and they've stuck to it. I can't think of a single reason why they should shove the 'clean' and classic accomplishments of players that play in a genuine environment on to Blue, other than doing so for a majority of player preference.

We'll all find out for sure in a little under 4 years. If I were to put money down on a bet with how this will pan out, I think Blue is going to end up feeling lonely.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... I can't think of a single reason why they should shove the 'clean' and classic accomplishments of players that play in a genuine environment on to Blue, other than doing so for a majority of player preference....
I think you've just accidentally made the point that those of us who want to see the servers merge are saying: once the timeline is over, the Green characters become "non classic." So why not merge them with Blue, and thereby continue the feeling of cohesion across the Green and Blue servers?

Let's not lie: a huge part of the draw of EQ is the feeling of accomplishment you get when you acquire plat and items. I know I'm not alone when I say that a big draw of Green is the fuzzy thought of seeing those characters on Blue one day. Again, I say this as a CASUAL -- I have no intention of getting even one manastone on Green.

If Green wipes at the end of its timeline, or otherwise becomes archived as as "Green Season 1," then I suspect that after the novelty wears off, we'll see many players go back to Blue where all of their "work" has a more lasting sense of accomplishment and value -- and the players remaining on Green will be doing it for the museum ALS-esque experience or for the neckbeard server first races.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only problem I have with the merge is theres only like 8 char slots on green and blue and if they merge then thats 16 chars on one account EQ live only allows up to 12 but I would hate to delete a full epiced 60 toon to play another or whatever food for thought people seem to be not talking about this
Bump nobody else worried about this?

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 10-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use a different account, don't make more than 8 characters between Blue and Green on a single account
Closed Thread