Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Imagine president Pocahontas signing assassination orders. Might even play nicely into a 2024 bid for the republicantbuildawalls.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I linked 3 separate studies...
None of them are that convincing. The establishment spits out dumb fucking studies like its their job...because it literally is their job in some cases.

I'm just saying this now when everyone is still surprised by the concept. I expected some reaction. I wanted to see if there some big dirt on Warren someone knew I didn't that would prevent her from consolidating a lot of support.

None so far. Dumb shit just as expected that's not going to change a single voter's mind. The alt right can keep making Indian jokes and see where that gets them.

And why were on the subject about how stupid alt right is (we forget sometimes), how is that wall coming along? Kind of funny that Trump waiting until the democrats won to try to get it right? Almost he thinks its better to be against Dems than to actually build a wall right?

Trump never cared about a wall. He just uses it as a wedge issue. It's painfully obvious.

Hating immigrants is never going to get you a good job. It's not an immigrants fault that American companies ran by rich white dudes are outsourcing all our jobs, hiring illegals, and fucking bankrupting our nation.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warren is a cooler name for the nukes to drop from in the history books anyway.

Trump is eppically gay sounding and that boy has a lissssppppp.
Warren is a more cutting name but we don't call it a Warren Card.

Her presidency would be more akin to what some have voiced wanting, I think. Fairly quiet, more professional and out of the spotlight. Doubt we would see her flying a rainbow flag, talking about "big tiddy is now running the show", no LGBTQ issues or social justice baloney.

Maybe something about education. I doubt she would be on twitter calling the Nkorean leader "Little Rocket Man", which freaked a good many people out (while others were cheering)

Nancy Reagan. Reminds me of my esther aunt.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:19 PM
Banned

If the Republicans ran a polite Terf (female, Trad) who (((respects))) the little sisters of the poor and the bakertographers rights to not work for a potential client. (which I totally respect, non facetiously).

They'd probably have it in the bag. It would be political suicide to sling mud at and attack such a figure if they did the quiet voice big stick schick.

That being said Trump wants campaign donations for himself and friends (((not the party))) so he is going to attempt to be uncle Nizzar the 3rd. There is indeed lots of $$$ in politics, including internationally as well apparently lol.

I can't predict the future. I think Warren would be a shit status quo president. But. It might be entertaining to see pocahontas rustle jimmies with her own weird political footballs, aka executive orders.

She probably doesn't give a rats ass about "us".

Pretty sure Republicans will hold on to the senate the next 5yrs.

I think the U. S. was sublimated by multinationals in the 80s and this is all "normal" now.
Last edited by Irulan; 01-02-2019 at 01:25 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of them are that convincing. The establishment spits out dumb fucking studies like its their job...because it literally is their job in some cases.

I'm just saying this now when everyone is still surprised by the concept. I expected some reaction. I wanted to see if there some big dirt on Warren someone knew I didn't that would prevent her from consolidating a lot of support.

None so far. Dumb shit just as expected that's not going to change a single voter's mind. The alt right can keep making Indian jokes and see where that gets them.

And why were on the subject about how stupid alt right is (we forget sometimes), how is that wall coming along? Kind of funny that Trump waiting until the democrats won to try to get it right? Almost he thinks its better to be against Dems than to actually build a wall right?

Trump never cared about a wall. He just uses it as a wedge issue. It's painfully obvious.

Hating immigrants is never going to get you a good job. It's not an immigrants fault that American companies ran by rich white dudes are outsourcing all our jobs, hiring illegals, and fucking bankrupting our nation.
Warren is not likable.

You cannot win an election without being popular.

Why can't leftists ever learn this simple fact?
Old 01-02-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

That's the thing though. Any meaningful presidency, at this point, is doomed to be 1-term.

We have a lot of very unpopular corrections that need to be made, on top of the issues being impossible to platform on to begin with.

How do you platform on the reality that Stock Buybacks need to be prohibited again because they've caused stock equities to balloon 200% higher than they should be. (i.e. we need to crash the market by 65%)

How do you platform on the reality that labor unions need to be dismantled, or restructured in such a way that people who should've left the workforce 10 years ago are no longer raking in salaries and pensions over 400% more lucrative than the pay structures and long-term incentives of new hires?

How do you platform on the reality that the remnants of the "Greatest Generation" and the baby boomers' party is over, and it's time to stop robbing their children's and grandchildren's futures?

I mean, I've seen Warren's position at least one of these matters (stock buybacks) but when she voiced her concern and it was met with scorn and derision on both sides of the political aisle (because of her colleagues obvious self-serving reasons), but how the hell can anyone get elected on a platform of incredibly unpopular, but absolutely necessary issues?
Last edited by Throndor; 01-02-2019 at 01:29 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 01:27 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the thing though. Any meaningful presidency, at this point, is doomed to be 1-term.

We have a lot of very unpopular corrections that need to be made, on top of the issues being impossible to platform on to begin with.

How do you platform on the reality that Stock Buybacks need to be prohibited again because they've caused stock equities to balloon 200% higher than they should be. (i.e. we need to crash the market by 65%)

How do you platform on the reality that labor unions need to be dismantled, or restructured in such a way that people who should've left the workforce 10 years ago are no longer raking in salaries and pensions over 400% more lucrative than the pay structures and long-term incentives of new hires?

How do you platform on the reality that the remnants of the "Greatest Generation" and the baby boomers' party is over, and it's time to stop robbing their children's and grandchildren's futures?
You don't lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I agree though.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ran by rich white dudes
Leftists need to seriously drop the "white" out of this description. While it may happen to be true that most major corporations are ran by rich dudes, who are also predominantly white, you're completely pissing off all the "white" people that are not RICH in the process, and THAT is why you lost the last election.

It's uncanny how the party of "not ALL ______ are like that" completely fails to see how their own racist generalizations are working against their own aims.
Old 01-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
republicantbuildawalls
Hey I hear ya, I am one of those that think something has to be done about illegal immigration but I thought it was a silly idea when it was proposed. The border is way to large, the costs way too high. It wasn't reasonable something like that could be done. The people that call the shots have pretty much insulated themselves from any harm, like when you talk about job automation.

"If you were any good you would be doing something better and it wouldn't be a worry.. sucks to be you. I am glad I am not you. Should have had better parents, teachers, society and listened to them, I did."

..it's true though.

Add X amount of years to that pot of poop stew.. you have a country half heartedly trying to build walls. Like a gated community, to keep the riff raff out.

Castles have walls, its human history. Those occupying this country have a history of war with them, ran them out and settled. They lived and so did those building a life here. So the blood has been stirred.

If I was a historian and seen them take over areas as time passed, I would point in laugh just on principle.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 01-02-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warren is not likable.

You cannot win an election without being popular.

Why can't leftists ever learn this simple fact?
Video killed the radio star.

I heard you on the wireless back in '52
Lying awake, intent at tuning in on you
If I was young it didn't stop you coming through

They took the credit for your second symphony
Rewritten by machine on new technology
And now I understand the problems you can see