Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you argue for silence and censorship, you are scum and should be treated as such.
Don't be disrespectful in the church of freedom is all I am saying. These ad hominids do get us nowhere.

If we're to be taken seriously we should consider elevating our speech and our peers above violent and polarizing imigary designed specifically to insight outrage, retaliation, and anger.

When we misuse our freedom. We devalue it. The memers are just as actively eroding the foundation of free speech as bad as, if not worse than the people who own and hold responsibility over our mass communication platforms.

As end users we are responsible for making this known and speaking out against the misuse of these platforms and the abuse of our freedom in order to attack and demonize weaker groups of vulnerable people.

This mosque shooting will do nothing for free speech. Nothing for immigration reform. And nothing for opening dialog about "whites being oppressed".

Don't endorse the speech that leads down this road. Nothing positive will come from spitting in the eye of the pastor who kindly asks for you to not use the lords name vainly. This value is extensible.

Is there a place for hateful, vile, vindictive speech? Sure. But not everywhere. On every news article, every message board, or my family Facebook page.

We have empirical proof that unfettered liable, propaganda, and vitriolic speech breeds death to discourse.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you see how you're being fascists??

The fuckin' irony
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

Quote:

The fuckin' irony
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banned

Quote:

The fuckin' irony
Dude I am trying really hard to not be a fascist. By talking as nicely as I possibly can about this. And by not mandating the state do all of this. Forcefully.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Self censorship will never be enough. People will always create and say whatever they want to convey, joke or no. You also can't regulate by the platform. Users will very quickly jump ship and choose an unregulated avenue or create a new one.

Are memes really the problem here? I read about this dude a bit over lunch and while I'm probably still pretty uninformed (comparatively), I feel like he was an angry dude who used memes as a means of conveyance, because he knew it would be effective to spread. This is the same for the live stream he released. I was looking this up to try to research how much of an insensitive prick I was accidentally being earler and what was the #1 search related to this?

Watch mosque shooting livestream

What this guy did was horrible, but he certainly knew the best way for exposure. My point is, the racist memes are just a symptom of a much deeper rooted problem. Memes aren't the problem themselves. It's like if newspapers had a bunch of racist articles and everyone proclaimed newspapers were a racist institution. No, newspapers were just the vehicle for that particular racist message.
Exactly. The shooter is responsible for his actions, not the means of communication.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you argue for silence and censorship, you are scum and should be treated as such.
i think its possible to acknowledge some ideological messaging is dangerous without thinking that censorship is the answer. awareness and critical thinking are the answer. even deplatforming just feeds the dumb victim complex most of these idiots have and should really be saved for cut and dry tos violations like calling for violence.

anyways enjoy your meltdown seems like a good one
Old 03-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a guy. He has really beautiful skin despite having a beard. As well as a nice voice.

100% he wears the beard for the same reason I did for years. Someone told him once he looked like a girl when he shaved.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccablack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think its possible to acknowledge some ideological messaging is dangerous without thinking that censorship is the answer. awareness and critical thinking are the answer. even deplatforming just feeds the dumb victim complex most of these idiots have and should really be saved for cut and dry tos violations like calling for violence.

anyways enjoy your meltdown seems like a good one
Old 03-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Because it's irrelevant.

You're missing the entire point.

Did Doom make the Colombine shooters carry out their attack?
Exactly. That's the same BS they were saying about video games back in the 80s or was it 90s... oh the video made me do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Or twinkies made me do it. Or the devil made me do it. No, the shooter only has himself to blame.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a place for hateful, vile, vindictive speech? Sure. But not everywhere. On every news article, every message board, or my family Facebook page.
Who gets to decide what hate speech is? The left? The far left think anyone who disagree with them is a hateful bigot and should be silenced.
Closed Thread