Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

Also how did you get a hold of the files? I have 2 or 3 different versions of EQ sitting around. Surely its not illegal for me to get them for myself off a disk I own.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also how did you get a hold of the files? I have 2 or 3 different versions of EQ sitting around. Surely its not illegal for me to get them for myself off a disk I own.
It has nothing to do with "acquiring files" that are on an EQ cd. Specific files in your folder have to be modified with a special program to get this to work *in addition* to server side changes being made. Thus, either the P1999 team would have to distribute these modified files (illegal and not happening), or everyone would have to modify the files themselves (possible but not easy).

The biggest problem is that *everyone* would have to modify their files, otherwise those that don't will end up with the ugly-tastic "Luclin" skeleton models.

At least getting the wolf models back are easier.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Sarnak

If this server is going to be around for a long time we should eventually make a program that modify the eqhost.txt as well as renaming the new zone files to .bak and all the other changes to play on this server. Why couldn't modifying the model files be part of this. Distributing old files is one thing but modifying some hex values is easy and not the same thing.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Kobold

Just to clarify... us plebs who have no idea how to modify these files by ourselves are in essence stuck with the new gfx?

Damn my lack of creativity and intellect haha
Old 02-02-2010, 06:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I tried out changing the wolf textures like in the first post. All the coyotes have giant glowing red eyes. This I do not recall.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Kobold

Mobs like dire wolves did indeed have glowing red eyes.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5351
Old 02-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs like dire wolves did indeed have glowing red eyes.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=5351
Thats a Velious model. I don't think those models were used anywhere in the classic zones.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Good call.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It's just not classic EQ if I don't see skeletons ice skating around... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmoniumGuard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried out changing the wolf textures like in the first post. All the coyotes have giant glowing red eyes. This I do not recall.
To get the old wolf models back (regular wolves, not shaman summons), all you need to do is remove or rename 'Global6_chr.s3d' from your EQ directory.

However, this doesn't work perfectly. The wolf models will now be too small (about half the size, maybe smaller), and the animations are too slow. Since the mob movement speeds are already increased past normal, you have a very slowly animating wolf moving very fast, and it just looks ridiculous. Anyone is free to do this change if they want, but I really don't think its worth it.
Closed Thread