Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody caught afk leveling should be instantly IP permabanned.

Period.

You just can't be banning people left and right for small infractions.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

gm's doing shit they SHOULDN'T be doing? on MY p99? no wai

hey at least he warned you.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best part is, if you get banned for 7 days, you'll be just as afk as you were before.
Best post right here.

Ok, so get this: Afk leveling is allowed, and the only class thats made is mages. gg?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just can't be banning people left and right for small infractions.
Exploiting so you can level entirely 100% afk is a small infraction? Lol

*installs MQ*
Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Kobold

Pet should eat xp unless you do at least 1 damage. That means memming a level 1 spell and hitting the mob with it or meleeing for 1 pt of dmg. It requires the player to be in range of the mob and at their pc. If you must alt-tab. You start fight by nuking with a low level spell, sick pet, done.... 100% xp. There is no downside to this at all. Afk leveling will be impossible with this system and it has no detrimental effect to those that legitimately level with a pet.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

So when I'm actively playing my character, killing stuff in say Solb where on solo pulls Ill just let my pet do it's thing I should have to mem a level 1 spell and cast it on every mob I fight?

Here's a downside to that: I don't want to have a level 1 spell memmed all the time!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Aviak

I was under the impression that pets took XP if they did more than 50% of the damage to the mob. I double checked and this is what I found on an archive post from 2000 on castersrealm regarding mages:

Quote:
Q: How much Experience does my pet take when I do more than 50% of the damage to the mob?
A: If you do the majority of the damage when fighting with your pet it will not take any experience from the monster. This applies only to soling however, and will not impact upon grouped situations.

Q: How much Experience does my pet take when I do less than 50% of the damage to the mob?
A: If your pet does more than 50% of the damage required to kill the mob it will take half the experience of the mob. This applies only to soling however, and will not impact upon grouped situations.
Having this in place doesn't mean people won't AFK level - they will just level 50% slower. No big deal really seeing as they are AFK anyway. But if its not in place it should be.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recyclebin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you trying to say this is a comic of a necro afk leveling? is so, lol...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Wow the new GM must not like AFK lvlers ...

so I read through all that and still wasn't clear on if its bannable or kicked to char screen.

Set a rule and make it CLEAR, its as simple as that. Don't just go banning people because you are getting owned in ooc.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So when I'm actively playing my character, killing stuff in say Solb where on solo pulls Ill just let my pet do it's thing I should have to mem a level 1 spell and cast it on every mob I fight?

Here's a downside to that: I don't want to have a level 1 spell memmed all the time!
Why not? If you are just watching your pet fight then why have any spells memmed? Seriously...
It doesn't have to be a level 1 spell. Just a lower level spell that doesn't use so much mana.
Closed Thread