Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I would like to clarify that if the nerf is intended to deal with AFK leveling then I am against it because it does not stop AFK leveling in any way.

If it is intended to encourage playing in groups then I am a little less against it but I still think the penalty is a bit steep. Also, if this penalty was to encourage playing in groups I find it odd that it's being implemented now when AFK leveling is the hot issue.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

Ignoring the trolls for the moment. I think the real question here is whether the 50% pet nerf existed in classic. It might have, but I really don't recall. Anybody know?

If it did exist, I'm pretty sure it did not for chanters. Or maybe it didn't for charmed pets. If that were the case, then chanters would have a virtually perma-50% xp nerf.

Please no more whining about getting a group. If everyone were required to get a group on this server, then it sure wouldn't be anything like classic EQ.

Oh, and yes, Charm was broken and way overpowered. I hated that. I, and gp, and many others advocated fixing it since it wasn't classic and allowed way-too-easy unskilled levelling.

Now something else is broken and I'm advocating fixing that too. Who wouldn't?

Once you start saying FIX PROBLEM A BECAUSE IT HELPS ANOTHER CLASS, but, DON'T FIX PROBLEM B BECAUSE IT HURTS ANOTHER CLASS, then you lose a lot of credibility.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that were the case, then chanters would have a virtually perma-50% xp nerf.
...soloing.

Ranger, Paladins, SKs, and Bards have a 40% exp nerf always. QQ
Old 02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Situation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...soloing.

Ranger, Paladins, SKs, and Bards have a 40% exp nerf always. QQ
This is a feature of CLASSIC era Everquest.

Pets taking 50% exp if you don't do 50% damage is a feature of PLANES OF POWER era Everquest.

Congratulations, you're either a troll or an idiot.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Quote:
The only problem with using the exp nerf penalty as opposed to simply removing pet faction is that enchanters that attempt to solo with their animations get severely screwed.
The main problem with zero pet faction is it trivializes a lot of lower level dungeons for pet classes. I'm a shaman and can't bring my dog out solo in some of the mid level dungeons because it aggro's everything in sight. If it had no faction I could easily blow through and farm that content 3x as easily without using mana. Not that I'd mind, but it makes pet classes even more powerful.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vageta31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main problem with zero pet faction is it trivializes a lot of lower level dungeons for pet classes. I'm a shaman and can't bring my dog out solo in some of the mid level dungeons because it aggro's everything in sight. If it had no faction I could easily blow through and farm that content 3x as easily without using mana. Not that I'd mind, but it makes pet classes even more powerful.
This is a valid response that I did not consider.
Thank you for posting this.
Do we know how this was dealt with (if at all) on live?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do we know how this was dealt with (if at all) on live?
It wasn't done in classic but pet faction was eventually removed.

Even so, I doubt that EQ's bad pathing was created with the intent to stymie the inherent abilities of pet classes. Though it did make things a bit interesting from time to time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Last edited by Zanti; 02-18-2010 at 01:39 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

I'm trolling? When your regurgitating the same verbal diarrhea in 3 separate threads about the same issue? You keep saying how 50% is unfair for players with limited time. That was NOT the issue you brought up on your post. You stated that an enchanter should NOT get penalized because we are NOT like necro or mages (the whole we can barely do damage with dots/nuke) to overcome that 50% penalty. Now your spinning the argument into this whole "no pet class should get penalized".

Quote:
I did quite well and had fun doing it. Soloed crushbone with my animation.
I soloed aqua goblins next. Then KFC. Then Splitpaw spires. After that I started grouping because I had clarity.

Saying that it sucks and is a waste of time is an opinion, not a fact. I disagree with you as will many enchanters who never charm soloed on live.

Did you ever try to solo as an enchanter without a charmed pet or are you simply talking out your ass?
Stop trying to speak for everybody.
I never started charming until I hit 49, and chose to group because it was more efficient to do so. Everyone on this server has limited time your not the only one with RL priorities here. Finding a partner to level with (that matches your play hours) will not only make your grind quicker but also more enjoyable.

Solo animation chanter vs grouping chanter grind is not even worth the debate. If you feel like doing 3 times the work for 5 times the grind then you are correct, it IS a matter of opinion (good luck with wasting so much of your limited play time).

I'll stop chipping my 2 cents if you stop making retarded threads about the same shit every hour.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Aviak

Seriously enchanter animation pet is worthless past 20-24. Hell if its even remotely viable at that point I'll be damned surprised. I know I can say for a fact that before this nerf I didn't see enchanters running around with their animations killing shit past Crushbone. It just isn't very viable.

Enchanters are a utility class. You can buff, slow, haste, mez, charm, and cast clarity starting at 29. The only reason an enchanter could possibly have a hard time getting a group is because the server already has too many of them.

Guinea I can understand where you are coming from but it really is incredibly small potatoes. We're talking about 1 class from level 1 - 20 or 24 at the absolute max. Animation pet isn't that great and on the whole enchanters are not losing out on very much at all. I really don't think you're going to find a lot of enchanters upset about this. However if you go to the other line full of enchanters pissed about their charm being nerfed I think you'll find plenty.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excision Rottun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a feature of CLASSIC era Everquest.

Pets taking 50% exp if you don't do 50% damage is a feature of PLANES OF POWER era Everquest.

Congratulations, you're either a troll or an idiot.
I was the one who posted the info about the 50% damage giving 50% of the xp on the forum yesterday which prompted the devs to implement this. Where did I get this info from? An archived EQforum/castersrealm post from May of 2000. Thats around the time of Kunarks release, WAY before PoP. In other words, this was always a feature of classic, and thats why the devs felt to implement it.

As a matter of fact, pets actually used to take up xp (a small amount) IN GROUPS too, which would cause grouped individuals to ask their fellow necros/magicians/enchanters to get rid of the pet when grouped. This of course angered a lot of people, so it was changed to take 0% when grouped. but the 50/50 rule was always there.
Closed Thread