Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a long drawn out grind, it is an infinite pleasurable stroll!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Kobold

I smell someone in the honeymoon phase of EQ.
We'll see how long he lasts.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRayken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I smell someone in the honeymoon phase of EQ.
We'll see how long he lasts.
I'm going to be around for a while. You can expect to see me raiding end game in a few months.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very good post. This is exactly what I've been looking for in an mmo. I was hoping a more updated version of this playstyle would eventually come around but sadly it seems vanilla wow is the closest other thing that was ever produced. After that everything seems to be watering down the mmo genre.
If you are interested in this type of play in a modern MMO you should check out two games in development (both appear to be on similar schedules for release around end of 2017-2018).

Pantheon - being created by Brad McQuaid (one of the creators of EQ and VG) and he has some of the original EQ and VG devs on his team. Search for the two live streams of gameplay they have released recently. Even in pre-alpha with placeholder animations/models the game looks great and will immediately evoke sensations of Everquest. By his own description this will be the "spiritual successor to EQ" but will also have some elements from Vangaurd and some new twists as well.

Saga of Lucimia - I know less about this game but they are openly modeling the game from EQ with a strong grouping components and class interdependence for everything including crafting and lore/item identification to reveal hidden powers/effects of items. In fact, there will be limited solo content. You will be able to do solo activities in cities and outposts and in the general vicinity of those areas but to venture out into the game world very far you will need to be grouped with others to survive.

Our guild on P99 is mostly waiting for Pantheon and plan to move there as a guild when we are able (maybe in alpha next year). You can buy the knight's pledge for 100 bucks and get 2 copies of the game at release and alpha access. We are all just having fun here until it releases because other MMOs are terrible now. Feel free to contact me in game if you are interested in joining or want more info on the guild.