Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Dominic Cummings: delivering Brexit only way to solve abuse of MPs.

He has said it is “not surprising” that some voters are angry after Boris Johnson was criticised for stoking fury over Brexit. The prime minister’s senior adviser added that the only way the issue of threats and abuse will be solved is if MPs “respect” the result of the EU referendum. His comments, at a book launch on Thursday, came as the PM refused to bow to mounting pressure to apologise over his use of language.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

German Bundesrat passes proposed law giving three year prison sentences for 'denigrating EU flag'. The Bundesrat is the German upper house, still needs to be passed by the lower house before it becomes law, but we can all see the way the wind is blowing.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really, and how many times did we get the chance to re-vote the 1975 referendum on joining the EEC? There was plenty of new information coming to light as the EEC morphed into the EU behemoth. Let me guess though, you want to re-run the referendum only if the people vote the wrong way, and just like the LibDems, you won't accept the result of the re-run if it's still not the right vote. Or perhaps like Labour you feel that if the electorate won't vote your way, you'll just find some new voters who will.

Oh and FYI Theresa May said there was money for a £385m a week boost for the NHS once we Brexit, but the puppet parliament instead wants to keep under-funding the NHS. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...locks-britain/

The biggest lies told during the referendum campaign were all told by the remain side, e.g:
- EU Army was merely a dangerous fantasy;
- David Cameron would invoke Article 50 the day after the referendum;
- 500,000 job losses;
- Recession;
- We'd be 'back of the line' for a trade deal with the US;
- MPs will respect the vote of the people.

Oh and EU tax law is set up to facilitate large-scale corporate tax avoidance, as previously mentioned see double-irish and double-dutch tax arrangements (latter ruled perfectly legal by EU courts).
Actually i've accepted the ruling. I'm honestly disgusted with both sides now and just want it to be done with. I think anyone is kidding themselves that they can really verify anything either side says is true.

Few have the skillset to either vet or understand the ins and outs of being in or out the EU. Almost everyone who voted is an armchair economist (think along the lines of people who play Battlefield and suddenly consider themselves war experts).

I voted remain because i didnt fully understand the implications of leaving and couldnt trust the information i was getting from either side. As it stands i dont see there is an issue with the EU (just my view obviously).

One things for sure, its a good job we ARE in the EU "AT THIS MOMENT" otherwise bringing back all those holiday makers after thomas cook would sure be expensive. The only reason they are making it back atm is thanks to an EU scheme for repatriation.

I dunno how they could of done the referendum better but the majority of the population dont even understand how banking works in practice let alone trade law etc. Some things are not suitable to be put to the masses as a vote no matter how much they think they understand them.

its like voting wether to turn on the Hadron Collider. Some people heard it may make a black hole OMG. The majority dont even know what the hadron collider is. Similary i dare say the majority (disclaimer: this doesnt mean you reading now) dont really understand how the EU works or the REAL implications for leaving (pros AND cons)

Plenty of boomers voted for this and likely will only see the small immediate effects of it (for good or bad), the real effects i fear will take time to come to light and its our kids who will benefit or suffer.

TLDR: I voted. I didnt get the result i hoped. Im an adult and accepted it and just need for it to be over so i can start planning how to make sure my kids futures are secure.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually i've accepted the ruling. I'm honestly disgusted with both sides now and just want it to be done with. I think anyone is kidding themselves that they can really verify anything either side says is true.

Few have the skillset to either vet or understand the ins and outs of being in or out the EU. Almost everyone who voted is an armchair economist (think along the lines of people who play Battlefield and suddenly consider themselves war experts).

I voted remain because i didnt fully understand the implications of leaving and couldnt trust the information i was getting from either side. As it stands i dont see there is an issue with the EU (just my view obviously).

One things for sure, its a good job we ARE in the EU "AT THIS MOMENT" otherwise bringing back all those holiday makers after thomas cook would sure be expensive. The only reason they are making it back atm is thanks to an EU scheme for repatriation.

I dunno how they could of done the referendum better but the majority of the population dont even understand how banking works in practice let alone trade law etc. Some things are not suitable to be put to the masses as a vote no matter how much they think they understand them.

its like voting wether to turn on the Hadron Collider. Some people heard it may make a black hole OMG. The majority dont even know what the hadron collider is. Similary i dare say the majority (disclaimer: this doesnt mean you reading now) dont really understand how the EU works or the REAL implications for leaving (pros AND cons)

Plenty of boomers voted for this and likely will only see the small immediate effects of it (for good or bad), the real effects i fear will take time to come to light and its our kids who will benefit or suffer.

TLDR: I voted. I didnt get the result i hoped. Im an adult and accepted it and just need for it to be over so i can start planning how to make sure my kids futures are secure.
Yeah same thing both sides as the elites cancel the winning vote for 'wrongthink'. You're kicking and screaming like a baby and a bully after you've lost.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah same thing both sides as the elites cancel the winning vote for 'wrongthink'. You're kicking and screaming like a baby and a bully after you've lost.
Incorrect. I'll find a way to live with the result, as its the only thing i can do.

Bully? Wha..
Old 09-27-2019, 08:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect. I'll find a way to live with the result, as its the only thing i can do.

Bully? Wha..
No. This is what you are not doing by making arguments that there should be a 2nd brexit vote because those damn commoners didn’t vote correctly.

Quote:
P.S Democracy is (like it or not) mean you can change your mind.
If you were handling this well you wouldn’t be encouraging your government to adopt 3rd world dictatorship tactics of invalidating a vote because the people didn’t vote the way the ruling party wanted.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Fair enough, and I apologise if my tone was unduly harsh - my passions are running high atm.

FWIW I also don't understand the ins and outs of the EU either, but I saw that as a good reason for Leaving though, as I like my government to be transparent. If you come up with a system of government that's too complicated for the ordinary joe in the street to understand, then it's not a good system of government because it has the effect of taking power away from ordinary joe and transferring it to the bureaucrats. I also think some things, like democratic principles, transparency, accountability, and cultural identity are more important than economic growth - as Michael Caine said, "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant."
Old 09-27-2019, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. This is what you are not doing by making arguments that there should be a 2nd brexit vote because those damn commoners didn’t vote correctly.

If you were handling this well you wouldn’t be encouraging your government to adopt 3rd world dictatorship tactics of invalidating a vote because the people didn’t vote the way the ruling party wanted.
Pretty sure i didnt say i wanted a 2nd vote. I just said that democracy means you can change your mind.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair enough, and I apologise if my tone was unduly harsh - my passions are running high atm.

FWIW I also don't understand the ins and outs of the EU either, but I saw that as a good reason for Leaving though, as I like my government to be transparent. If you come up with a system of government that's too complicated for the ordinary joe in the street to understand, then it's not a good system of government because it has the effect of taking power away from ordinary joe and transferring it to the bureaucrats. I also think some things, like democratic principles, transparency, accountability, and cultural identity are more important than economic growth - as Michael Caine said, "I'd rather be a poor master than a rich servant."
Sure i can see it from the other side too. Naturally people are suffering from austerity (imo the tories choice and nothing to do with the EU but moving on) and can see something which presents a possible solution to their woes.

What i do know was the original date we were SUPPOSED to leave the EU was about 1 week before a law was due to be passed by the EU which would of enforced tax transparancy. It looked veeerrrrry much like the tories were trying to push this through to prevent that law and thus put their own laws in place letting them keep their offshore money hidden.

I dont think they have our best interests at heart. Labour im sure also have ulterior motives but historically (bar new labour with the god of war Mr Blair) have always been the party of the working class.

Labour have historically (imo) bought more good things than the tories ever did for the common man (NHS etc)

The tories bought privatisation which has bought little but misery (E.g. terrible trains, energy companies owned almost soley by foreign companies etc)

I dont see how selling all of our energy and train companies to other countries is "Taking back control" yet the Tories oversaw that completly.

Personally i have no issue with immigrants and cant think of an EU law which causes me any degree of hassle. Hense why i voted remain <shrug>

But here we are and thats what matters. So forward we go.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
P.S Democracy is (like it or not) mean you can change your mind. Especially when so much of the original campaign was based on mistruths (like the legendary NHS bus claim)

Case in point:

<Me> Would you like a cup of coffee?
<You> Sure!
<Me> Heres your cup of coffee, sorry its actually full of faeces though
<You> Woah there i dont want that
<Me> Sorry chum you said you did want that. You cant go back on your want.
<You> I changed my mind based on new information

See? Perfectly reasonable.

Ah well the only real winners if we come out the EU are the toffs with tons of money offshore evading tax who will continue to evade because we wont have to abide by EU Tax law.

<GASP> It's almost like there is a motive
UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SH!T!

*snatches cup of shitcoffee and pours it over a baloney (not balogna you twit !) sandwich and raises an eyebrow inquisitively*

How about *now*?
Closed Thread