Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Boris Johnson says the UK will have to accept the "reality" of customs checks on the island of Ireland as part of a Brexit deal, telling the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg that ministers will submit "very constructive and far-reaching proposals" to the EU within days.

Johnson confirmed the UK's plan would include some customs checks on the island of Ireland after Brexit, but they would be "absolutely minimal" and "won't involve new infrastructure." The EU says it has "not received any proposals from the UK" yet that could replace the backstop.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Boris Johnson has refused to deny an alleged affair with an American businesswoman being investigated for receiving public funds.

In an interview with Sky News on Tuesday, the Prime Minister was asked three times about the alleged affair with Jennifer Arcuri when he was Mayor of London but refused to deny it outright. He told political editor Beth Rigby, "I've said what I have to say about that matter," adding, "I think perhaps the most important point is that I'm very, very proud of everything we did in London."
Old 10-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I think perhaps the most important point is that I'm very, very proud of everything we did in London."
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2019, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Boris Johnson to give EU ‘take it or leave it’ ultimatum after Irish outrage at border plan.

Boris Johnson will lay down a “take it or leave it” ultimatum to Brussels on Wednesday, warning he will take the UK out of the European Union without a deal if it is rejected. If the EU is unwilling to “engage” with the final offer, there will be no further negotiation and Britain will leave without a deal in 29 days’ time on 31 October, said Downing Street.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
A senior No 10 official said: “The government is either going to be negotiating a new deal or working on no deal — nobody will work on delay. The EU is obliged by EU law only to negotiate with member state governments, they cannot negotiate with parliament, and this government will not negotiate delay.”
Old 10-01-2019, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one reads anything you type horza
I read what he typed. We are kindred spirits.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Sarnak

Scotch whisky targetted by US following EU's illegal state aid to Franco-German Airbus. Remind me again why remaining in the EU is in Scotland's interests?
Old 10-03-2019, 06:53 AM
Fire Giant

Sure. It sucks. But the US market for whisky while the single largest export country isnt the largest customer, that still goes to the EU at 30% of the value and 36% of the volume.

It will hurt, people will lose their jobs but it will survive.

I very much doubt that punters in the US will be overjoyed when scotch single malt is took off the shelves (due to being priced out) and replaced with a ton of american single malts.

They are fine, bourbon is great but its not "Scotch" which a lot of customers will feel strongly about.

It's going to hurt American bars too. More tit for tat.

(To be clear i think USA in this case has a right to be angry over the airbus thing and realize this dispute is seperate to the usual trump tarrifs stuff)
Old 10-03-2019, 07:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure. It sucks. But the US market for whisky while the single largest export country isnt the largest customer, that still goes to the EU at 30% of the value and 36% of the volume.

It will hurt, people will lose their jobs but it will survive.

I very much doubt that punters in the US will be overjoyed when scotch single malt is took off the shelves (due to being priced out) and replaced with a ton of american single malts.

They are fine, bourbon is great but its not "Scotch" which a lot of customers will feel strongly about.

It's going to hurt American bars too. More tit for tat.

(To be clear i think USA in this case has a right to be angry over the airbus thing and realize this dispute is seperate to the usual trump tarrifs stuff)
No one in the US is going to notice or care.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one in the US is going to notice or care.
Way to speak for over 300 million people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think you are incorrect and some would be very bummed if their favorite alchohol was suddenly unavaliable.

I would certainly be unhappy if Wild Turkey was excluded from bars suddenly.
Closed Thread