Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think will happen?
The USA will buy the UK to make them great again 15 14.02%
The monarchy will collapse, England to become Venezuela 2.0 10 9.35%
UK to sink in total recession, AM/Riot to rejoice about this new stream of jobless apps 25 23.36%
The UK will do just fine, will claim back USA, India, Australia and all other ex colonies 23 21.50%
The EU will make Boris Johnson fuck a pig live on TV, or they kill Harry 19 17.76%
Bush // towers 39 36.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scotch whisky targetted by US following EU's illegal state aid to Franco-German Airbus. Remind me again why remaining in the EU is in Scotland's interests?
Remind me again about how the US is going to give great trade tariffs to UK?

I mean this is essentially a targeted tax to the UK.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way to speak for over 300 million people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think you are incorrect and some would be very bummed if their favorite alchohol was suddenly unavaliable.

I would certainly be unhappy if Wild Turkey was excluded from bars suddenly.
I notice you UK people trying to scare people with these sort of threats. One of the earliest forms of anti Brexit propaganda I saw from across the pond was shameless advertising to young people about how they need to vote anti Brexit because they won’t be able to get drunk on holidays anymore. Like that the most important thing in the world. No, partying isn’t important. No, no Americans are going to notice your shitty malt liquor is gone when there’s a million other things to choose from. We’re not letting you work your way out of this with that weak shit.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I notice you UK people trying to scare people with these sort of threats. One of the earliest forms of anti Brexit propaganda I saw from across the pond was shameless advertising to young people about how they need to vote anti Brexit because they won’t be able to get drunk on holidays anymore. Like that the most important thing in the world. No, partying isn’t important. No, no Americans are going to notice your shitty malt liquor is gone when there’s a million other things to choose from. We’re not letting you work your way out of this with that weak shit.
Some people see threats everywhere. What threat?

Its simple economics. If you tax something to hell there is far less incentive to export it since it wont be as viable. The options are

A) The country quits exporting as much causing shortages of said product
B) The price is hiked to maintain profits which is passed on to the consumer

If no one will miss Scotch why does the USA spend over 1 billion dollars a year on it.

You are a incredibly aggressive person to discuss anything with. Almost imbalanced. It's almost like that stereotypical image of the 50's american who see's "commies" everywhere.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people see threats everywhere. What threat?

Its simple economics. If you tax something to hell there is far less incentive to export it since it wont be as viable. The options are

A) The country quits exporting as much causing shortages of said product
B) The price is hiked to maintain profits which is passed on to the consumer

If no one will miss Scotch why does the USA spend over 1 billion dollars a year on it.

You are a incredibly aggressive person to discuss anything with. Almost imbalanced. It's almost like that stereotypical image of the 50's american who see's "commies" everywhere.
I have a degree in economics but thanks for the lesson.

I promise you we will be okay. No one will be writing their congress person with the problem of high priced scotch ruining everyone's chance to have a good time.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a degree in economics but thanks for the lesson.

I promise you we will be okay. No one will be writing their congress person with the problem of high priced scotch ruining everyone's chance to have a good time.
Gotcha. Anyway i wont keep you i'm sure America is missing it's foremost Economic advisor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 07:58 AM
Banned

*sips coffee*

Mornin.

Bourbon Pompeii
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-03-2019, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You see, this is why I initially engaged you on Brexit. You have a totally different perspective on it, especially being an outsider and exposed to different views and media. I thought you might be interested in a boots on the field perspective - one that is soaked in the propaganda of both sides.

Instead you constantly belittle me and project malignant intentions on to me.

I'm telling you now, if you think getting drunk on Mediterranean islands is unimportant to British culture, you don't know anything about these people who you seem to think you know the best for.

We have like 3 days of 0 cloud cover per decade.

Spanish / Greek sun is the thing that stops the entire nation killing themselves!
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-03-2019 at 08:25 AM..
Old 10-03-2019, 08:33 AM
Banned

You definitely have a good nature and are trying to honestly figure things out which are different than the Horza types which are beyond help.

I’m going to point out another grave mistake you make. It’s not me that places malicious intentions onto you. You’ve absorbed them on your own and it’s probably not your fault. People have put a lot of money into building you this way and you didn’t have a chance. A lot of money.

When I engage you on these issues I realize what I’m really debating is a proxy for elites propaganda. It’s bad in the US. It’s even worse where you live. You guys come across as zombies for your state propaganda and I guess rightfully so, you guys have some really ugly draconian laws when it comes to freedom of speech. Logically, why should you have free conversation on this subject when freedom of speech isn’t even a tent of your society.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks, that's good to hear.

But for a guardian of freedom of speech, could I politely request you to try to reduce your use of imperative commands encouraging people to 'stop' or leave the debate in other ways?

Like I said, you are interesting to talk with, but its a bit demotivating when faced with what comes across as a bit of a 'get outta here' attitude.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, that's good to hear.

But for a guardian of freedom of speech, could I politely request you to try to reduce your use of imperative commands encouraging people to 'stop' or leave the debate in other ways?

Like I said, you are interesting to talk with, but its a bit demotivating when faced with what comes across as a bit of a 'get outta here' attitude.
That’s part of free speech. Ever see fight club when the guy tells some other guy to GTFO and stop waiting in front of the house. Its a test of sorts where you have to come back stronger. It’s possible to make your political and social opinion so loud and honest that they can’t be ignored no matter how much an outside force tries to beat you down. If you’re discouraged by me telling you to shut up think about some revolutionary figures throughout history that spent time in prisons when whole governments told them to shut up about issues. Some issues are really important.

At the end of the day honesty and righteousness is extremely powerful. As long as you cloak yourself in that, no one can really silence you. Of course you need to supplement this all with knowledge too.
Closed Thread