Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-17-2019, 07:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom UI's are disabled on Green and Teal. You will not be able to use Duxa on Green/Teal for the moment. I doubt this will change since they want to keep things classic.
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Can someone make a way to still use DuxaUI? I mean surely there must be a way to still do it.

As someone who first started playing EQ on Blue server in 2018 this game is not at all about nostalgia for me. I like it for what it is not was, and I'm used to DuxaUI. And honestly, the only major downside of EQ for me is clunkynes of the client and piss poor UI. No offense to any diehard fans who want to keep it 1000% classic, I respect that, but why must you shun me or insist to inflict so much discomfort to me when it makes no difference to you.

TLDR as a new player, this is unacceptable.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorlis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone make a way to still use DuxaUI? I mean surely there must be a way to still do it.

As someone who first started playing EQ on Blue server in 2018 this game is not at all about nostalgia for me. I like it for what it is not was, and I'm used to DuxaUI. And honestly, the only major downside of EQ for me is clunkynes of the client and piss poor UI. No offense to any diehard fans who want to keep it 1000% classic, I respect that, but why must you shun me or insist to inflict so much discomfort to me when it makes no difference to you.

TLDR as a new player, this is unacceptable.
No real way to force it on Green/Teal as they have disabled that pretty much via the client code (possibly server side too). So unless they enable it, I doubt it's possible. Without hacking it of course.

They have said they will enable it at some point in time. Just not now. Because as everyone on the forums states and uses for pretty much every excuse often, "Not Classic". That being said I kinda like the standard UI. You get used to it after awhile lol.
Old 12-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No real way to force it on Green/Teal as they have disabled that pretty much via the client code (possibly server side too).
I'm convinced this is not "the end of that". User interface is stored in our files and there must be a way. But I get it if nobody found it yet.

Quote:
That being said I kinda like the standard UI. You get used to it after awhile lol.
Yes I understand most of you like it and don't care about the rest. That message is loud and clear.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorlis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I understand most of you like it and don't care about the rest. That message is loud and clear.
If you have such an issue with it. Simple. Go back to the Blue server. Obviously Green/Teal is not for you. No one is forcing you to play on Green/Teal. You play by their rules and that's it.
Last edited by Xruptor; 12-07-2019 at 05:17 PM..
Old 12-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Best thing I've found is to right click on the windows, set texture to black and tick texture. It gets rid of the transparency and works for about 99% of the windows.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by A1rh3ad; 12-07-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Old 12-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Kobold

I do the exact opposite I make the spell book and inventory as transparent as it can so I can still see and see everything at same time.

You got too if you don’t play in a high res.

Make a combat window. Spell window. Skills window and normal chat and your good to go.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do the exact opposite I make the spell book and inventory as transparent as it can so I can still see and see everything at same time.

You got too if you don’t play in a high res.

Make a combat window. Spell window. Skills window and normal chat and your good to go.
With my enchanters spell book I have the alpha turned to 0% unfocused. Another thing is I play from my couch on TV so the transparency makes some things hard to read.
I use overwolf which allows me to bring up web browser, youtube, ect in game. Im actually writing on this forum while in game. Its good for looking up maps/wiki, playing youtube music/videos and has a notepad for notes. also it has timers for spawns/buffs and a clock.
Last edited by A1rh3ad; 12-07-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Old 01-17-2020, 03:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Just tossing in an updated Mega.nz link.

https://mega.nz/#!ogQX3K7R!rp1949kbl...5gCQThpv6vwmtw