Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what they did on classic to stop bards from swarming that is still in effect on live to this day?

When a bard-DoTed enemy is moving, the song does zero damage. When the DoTed enemy stands still, it does its full damage. The Chardok thing is just horse crap
A nerf that was implemented during LoY because they added a few zones with tons of melee mobs that bards could kite in, and because it was during an era where AAs were buy able.

I think the PBAE Target limit, if the intent is to emulate what your average bear's connection could handle at the time, is set too low. 25 mobs wasn't an enormous problem. People remember having 25 mob gnoll trains in Blackburrow from your random fleeing mob.

Setting it to 50 mobs would be a more reasonable point. Chardok pulls were typically 100-140, so those wouldn't be returning. Bard swarms are often 75-100+, so they'd have to do smaller pulls.

Really though, if the Developers could, and I know this is a big if. Migrate us over to the client formerly used by the Al'Kabor server. That client would implement so many classic mechanics the server would be infinitely better off.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Lets talk about FD. It seems a bit bugged after patch? Some mobs wont forget about you even after pathing back to their static spawn spot. Did anyone experience anything similar?
Old 09-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never new that either... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Looks like someone should have regurgitated their first-year college grammar book when on internet forums....

... toolbag.
What did I do to you to warrant a personal attack?
Old 09-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Banned

When is the new Red server opening?
Old 09-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Banned

Guys only being able to kill 25 mobs at a time is not enough obviously
Old 09-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What did I do to you to warrant a personal attack?
It isn't a personal attack... it's merely a comment on your toolbag tone your taking with this guy who is laying his concerns... 😉
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

lol p99 devs never cease to amaze
Old 09-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It isn't a personal attack... it's merely a comment on your toolbag tone your taking with this guy who is laying his concerns... 😉
No, you called me a name, hence it was a personal attack. Now, as far as the tone of my posts, scroll up a bit and tell me who was the first person in the argument to start calling people here "idiots" and "stupid". Don't pretend that you're white-knighting for some misunderstood victim of bullying.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really though, if the Developers could, and I know this is a big if. Migrate us over to the client formerly used by the Al'Kabor server. That client would implement so many classic mechanics the server would be infinitely better off.
Dear god you do not want this... but that client definitely feels more classic than Titanium.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Aviak

I'm currently on a bard as my first character and this doesn't affect me at all. I tried swarm kiting and realized that I'm a terrible bard. I don't have the time to dedicate to improving so I just meander along happily like I did back in the classic days: at a snail's pace.
Closed Thread