Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 04:03 AM
Banned

speculation is speculation is speculation. bitcoin will hit 100k.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes no better time to buy than when its hovering near record breaking highs waiting to plummet back to 10-12k by May 2021.
Bitcoin is 20% below the all time high. I don't think you can say it's hovering near its ATH.

Might see 25k but it's not going below 20k ever again.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

What you think all the retards are going to buy with their tendies? BC
Old 01-31-2021, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people are perfectly fine with anarchy when it's not the blacks.
Buying stocks is anarchy? I’m not following
Old 01-31-2021, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bitcoin isnt real and they have no value at all, we are very close to the treasury basically making them illegal.
The value of bitcoin, or of anything, is what people are willing to pay for it. What is the value of the US dollar when the treasury can just print it endlessly? Each bitcoin was mined by converting real energy into it. Each dollar was printed by central bankers making a decision and hitting a button.

Why do you think the treasury is close to making it illegal? That's not true at all. We have US senators and representatives who are bitcoiners. Mayors major US cities, CEO's... all coming around to it. It is becoming too entrenched for a full ban at this point.

Even if major nation were to ban (ie China, India), it has happened in the past the price of bitcoin went up.

If the US were to ban bitcoin for some reason, it would be a major blow to innovation in the cryptocurrency space. Game theory would then dictate that another competing nation such as China, India or Russia would out perform the US.

Even with a ban, anyone can easily buy or sell Bitcoin by using a VPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not against crypto but a real company needs to launch one for it to be viable.
Sorry but this is completely wrong. Crypto is all about decentralization. For it to work, you can't have a central authority involved otherwise it would be a security and essentially a Ponzi scheme.
Old 01-31-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buying stocks is anarchy? I’m not following
GME. It's a financial riot hth!
Old 02-01-2021, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Bitcoin isnt real and they have no value at all, we are very close to the treasury basically making them illegal.

I am not against crypto but a real company needs to launch one for it to be viable.

This week will be hundreds of entry points for investments as many of these hedge fund losers have to dump stocks to pay off their shorted positions

The market will bomb over the next 2 weeks, if you have money get it ready. If you find a stock that took a big hit post it here.

they are calling monday MOONDAY and all the apes are still holding, Most of the children still believe these brokers will pay their gamestop positions when they sell and im sure some will get the money, but i read multiple people had their stock positions closed at much lower values because the firms didnt have the money to pay.

Remember, when you agree to a disclaimer at fidelity, TDAmeritrade, or whatever you are using, theres all kinds of fine print that dont guarantee anything.
Bitcoin is the pioneer of a new digital currency, deregulation is no longer a dream, big money and government got involved, so now even if you cant track the paper trail, the govt does track your deposit/withdrawal from the exchange.

That being said, I think it's really hard to say bitcoin doesnt have value, every currency that is not a good has value as long as there is trust in its value. Currently the bitcoin is signficantly more valuable than the dollar, it is a finite resource that the govt can't print on demand, and is fairly powerfully protected as far as the currency itself, maybe not the exchanges people hold it on though, and there is the crux.

I think that, i really hurt myself, off of shortterm and longterm profit, by not continuing to hold BTC, its value can only go up as it will become more scarce as people lose BTC on old harddrives and/or die with it encrypted, so almost like a commodity..

It's hard to look that far ahead when crypto is still so volatile, but people are INCREASINGLY plugged into digital landscapes, perhaps COVID accelerated the easy acceptance of secure digital currency, but the irony is it is treated like gold/silver and if the stockmarket/economy starts to go belly up, it currently inflates itself as people 'panic buy' to diversify their assets.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:14 AM
Banned

Bitcoin will hit 100k, just chiiiill. Ur money's workin. no need to sweat unless you need that dough for dope. Speaking as someone who already made a chunk off the $2->$1000 transition and threw it all away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The notion the treasury will ban them is laughable btw, nutcase alert. It's fundamentally unbannable anyway (although I admit such a move banning them from exchanges would cause a crash)

I know I am very late but I think I might buy GME tomorrow. I will flip me a coin.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 02-01-2021 at 05:18 AM..
Old 02-01-2021, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GME. It's a financial riot hth!
Looks like a Pokepost 🤔 Are you a birb now?
Old 02-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Banned

idk why she retired wonkie, but yes that's her

btw i decieded NOT to buy gme today but i wish the rioters well
Closed Thread