Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lhance is the guy posting an ad on Craiglist for a job that pays $30 an hour and when you show up for the interview a naked man with a camera answers the door. Don't fall for his bait because erotic roleplaying is the next phase of this thread.
This is a 100% lie, ERP does nothing for me. ^

Hmm, is that what happens when you answer those ads? Spyder. How do you know all these things? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What determines what gender you choose for your characters?

My penis I was born with.
I figured some people picked their gender due to their own physiology or sexual orientation. Neither of these impact the character gender I pick.

Why must you play a male toon, just because you were born with a penis, though? Some games actually have your character premade as female, like Tomb Raider, etc. Do you refuse to play that sort of game?
Old 10-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Banned

my ogre is a female because

slam whale
holy grail
Old 10-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transylvania [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok, so we are re-creating IRL then? Hrm, thought this was a make-believe RP world. I guess you would only roll human chars then.

To answer the OP I have mostly male toons although I rolled a couple of females just to try something different I guess. There's some pretty cool female characters in fantasy lore- not every writer just makes them damsels in distress of sex vixens or whatever. I liked Aviendha, Cadsuane, Moiraine from WOT for example.

I usually lose interest in female toons though because it gets weird when you join a guild or PUG and people assume you're either a RL girl or a perv because they find out you're bending on that character. So for me it's either solo or play male to avoid weirdness.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually lose interest in female toons though because it gets weird when you join a guild or PUG and people assume you're either a RL girl or a perv because they find out you're bending on that character. So for me it's either solo or play male to avoid weirdness.
Usually I see lots of guys that play females who dont want you to think they are ladies type "bro" a lot. This kind of tells you it's probably a guy when Vivienne says to you, "hey bro can I join you dudes?"

It's funny how if you play a female toon you have to adopt different mannerisms to signal you a guy, that is unless you just come out and say "I'm a dude btw."

This brings up the other thing I find funny on MMOs, how so many female toons call me "hun." Typically I used to always think only women used this term, but I am pretty sure many men who play female toons also use this term. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

Here they come....
Old 10-30-2017, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Female iksar because pretty face paints!

Everything else is just random/dependent on if I like any of the faces. I usually prefer a 50/50 split among all my characters.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 10-30-2017, 02:51 PM
Kobold

I was born with a penis - all my characters are female because im attracted to females and in actuality not a spell caster 8)
Old 10-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I can't bring myself to play a guy in my escapism free time. Tried it. Feels wrong the same way it does IRL.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Hey guys who wants to debate some identity politics?!
Closed Thread