Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Large Bat

Default ALL YOUR ZONE ARE BELONG TO US

First time shit-posting here, so excuse my sub-par skills doing so - I'll edit in some fire and eggplant emojis later if needed. I hope my image links work.

Recently got approved for an IP exemption and managed to get my wife into playing EQ. We started new characters together, and decided to venture off to Erud's Crossing to kill some wisps. As you would expect, the zone was essentially deserted. Got there and it was my wife and I, and one other player who was level 30ish. The other guy was clearly AFK when we got there and caused no issue. We killed wisps for a bit, got killed, then hopped on the boat to come back. When we got back, we were greeted by the previously AFK guy with this OOC chat:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I figured whatever, I'll ignore this guy and just kill wisps cause they are most definitely NOT a camp, given that they are non-static roamers. We killed a few, I got wrecked by some adds, but my wife lived. Shortly after respawning, he starts sending me tells:

My wife did try and kill a few wisps while waiting for me to get back, and Eribus KS'd every single one she engaged.

My guess is he saw 2 level 11's with minimal gear and no guild, assumed we were noobs and this would scare us away from his "camp". I realize that being a lowbie in a noob-ish zone doesn't entitle me to killing stuff anymore than say a level 60 in the same zone, but FFS this guy is claiming he gets to camp all of the wisps in a zone to himself? I've petitioned 2 times in my P1999 experience previous to this which were unrelated to player interactions.

Gotta give credit where it's due - GM showed up within about 3 minutes of my petition and gave a nice clarification:

It appeared Eribus <Paineel and Suffering> logged off shortly after this clarification was made. Shout out to Menden for the quick response.

So anyway guys, what race you hate most and why it is Erudites (specifically the dark ones)? But seriously, has anyone ever heard of such a thing where a camp is "whatever is in visual range"? WTF is that crazy shit?
Old 11-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Large Bat

Looks like my image links aren't populating in the post... in order here they are:

https://imgur.com/AccSH22

https://imgur.com/VpiP720

https://imgur.com/C5z6bwt
Old 11-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

a willowisp altercation

now I've seen it all

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

how'd you convince her to marry you?
Old 11-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Seems crazy to me. I agree with you, glad the GM was quick in responding.
Herbila - Warrior
Old 11-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Kudos on the name and shame and getting Menden there to settle it.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Banned

excellent first thread. a very absurd situation! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

forum tip -

use
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/AccSH22.png
not
Code:
https://imgur.com/AccSH22
in other words, put the image in tags, not the album.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how'd you convince her to marry you?
Using words and a ring mostly... mostly... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Good thing spec'd into p99 rule lawyering or you might have gotten taken advantage of

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:37 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing spec'd into p99 rule lawyering or you might have gotten taken advantage of
Someone award me my JD in wisp camp law plz
Closed Thread