Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously, you want to compare trash talk and toxic people? Your last ten-plus posts here, made over the past half a year, have been nothing but P99 bashing and P2002 promotion. Here's a small sample:

By your own admission you don't even play on P99, but that hasn't stopped you from coming here ... for six months.

Look, P2002 isn't for me, so I don't go to P2002 forums. Even if I did, I wouldn't go promote P99 on them. If for some reason I did, I'd only do it in their "off-topic" equivalent forum, not in the middle of other people's conversations. And even if (for some strange reason) I did, I wouldn't trash talk P2002 in their own forums.

But even if, for some truly bizarre reason, I actually did do all of that ... I certainly wouldn't keep doing it for half a year.

So please, by all means, compare away.
For someone with no interest in p2002 you sure do spend a lot of time posting on a p2002 plug thread. :P

There is nothing toxic about informing people. Unless you are one of those people that think any viewpoint that differs from your own is "toxic."
Old 04-24-2018, 09:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing and instances killed Everquest once, it's interesting to see emulator servers reproducing exactly that a mere 20 years after o_o scary when you think about IRL wars and genocides and shit, people learn nothing from history... We all understand the pros of boxing and instances, everyone on p99 has at least once thought "hey you know what, boxing/instancing would actually solve my <current problem>!" - but the flipside to that medal is server death, and we all know that too. So no thanks please go back to your cave.

No boxing.
No instances.

PS: it's 2018, we know how to use google if we ever need to look for a new server to play on. no need to come here with your constant propaganda.
It's actually working though. I guild invite an average of 2-3 ex p99 players every week personally, of which half generally stay around. All of them list similar complaints as I had.

Simply put if you love everything about p99, I'm literally not talking to you. I'm talking to the guys that while they enjoy it.. it doesn't quite fit them.

I "like" p99. It was "close" to what I was looking for. My main complaints with live being Cashshop/Mercs/Silly math inflation.

However I was always a fan of boxing (used to 5 box elem shammies in WoW AV for example, as well as 8box a DAoC AoE group.) I also really enjoyed AA's and Luclin was my favorite xpac.
Last edited by Jhaerik; 04-24-2018 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure there is. For example,

There's a GM in every guild. (something you've stated.)
What happens when GM "X" summons items for their guild, and GM "Y" has a disagreement with said summoning? The server staff has to collectively sweep the incident under the rug, players from all guilds get affected, and drama happens. (as it was stated in this thread as well, by an ex-P2002 player)

Not to mention your server boasts instancing and lockouts. What are guilds going to do when their lockout is still going... play with Powerslave in contested worlds where there's a FFA, administrator-led guild where 4 GMs reside?
You're avoiding the problem by doing instancing, and the problem isn't with the game (clearly anyone will play on any emu regardless of accuracy, judging by this turd of a server), it's with the people that play on and manage the game.

Plus, the name is a blatant ripoff of Project 1999 and the gameplay is mostly TAKProject's work; you and the rest of the server staff have the gonads to think you're the better choice and think you actually did meaningful work, on top of the blatant favoritism and corruption going on within your own server?
It's funny that you have people like Trust that come into EQEmu and think they're top shit and everyone's friend because 'they can compile and run their own server' and praise the work that's being done for them by EQEmu's developers so that they can claim it as their own. They have anonymous trolls come to this thread to constantly try and troll the folks on P99 into playing on this corrupt pile of dogshit, and if you disagree with all the shills here (which are all alt accounts of the developers of P2002, undoubtedly) then you're attacked by said anonymous cowards.

Everyone should steer clear of this puddle of mud. If something's good enough, you'll find it; you won't need an advertisement for it.

Hard pass.
Pepsi is a Ripoff of Coke. Chevy is a Ripoff of Ford. Lungs are a Ripoff of gills.

Life moves on. :P
Old 04-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh really? I guess it's time for this then post then. These are the people you are defending. They have done the polar opposite of what you are claiming, have harassed TAKP and its developers and continue to walk away without any notion that they are actually doing any wrong.

That ends now. Here's the truth behind the P2002 developers and why you should steer clear of these mentally ill individuals that run this server:
What does any of that have to do with players enjoying a server in the year 2018? Most of the countries on this planet were founded on the blood of innocents. Should no one come to the US because of how we treated the Native Americans? Simply put I've only been around on p2002 since the end of last year and I've had an absolutely amazing experience. I've brought several friends over from p99 and all of them much preferred p2002.
Frankly I couldn't care less what the GM's do if it doesn't effect me as a player. They could sacrifice animals and drink their blood on the weekends for all I care. If the server is fun, I'll still play it. :P

I'll say this though... all those pictures you posted kind of makes you come off like a creepy stalker.... It really makes me wonder why you've put this much time into it. Are you that much against people having fun?

Even your signature pretty much sums up my thoughts on why I don't mesh well with the p99 community.

"Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat."

The p2002 take on things are more... "hey guys wanna help me with my epic?" "Sure" "sweet thanks"

P99 honestly feels like a capitalism sim most of the time. At the end of the day it's up to you what you prefer. Play whatever you like more. I'm simply here to let people know about it and to post my experiences/thoughts.

I loved the 1-53 experience of p99. People were generally nice/friendly/ect. After that though it was either join up with some elitist 3am dragon guild, or sit mostly afk on a class that could solo at some obscure camp, or duo/trio with friends. Finding groups was a pain because of how crowded everything was. Even more so if you were a less desired class... like a wizzy. The ironic thing about is my trio has never had to"solo" on p2002. I've always been able to find another person to play with simply because of not getting 5 people together and looking for a cleric for 2 hours before everyone gets bored and logs. Honestly the hardest part of grouping on p2002 is deciding who brings 2 and who brings 1 when you have 4 or 5 people in a group. :P
Last edited by Jhaerik; 04-24-2018 at 09:45 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

PoP is the best everquest expansion and if you disagree you are wrong and bad
Old 04-25-2018, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP is the best everquest expansion and if you disagree you are wrong and bad
PoP with no boxing allowed would be great, wouldnt it?
Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was wrong in thinking that Bleepo is Furst which I came to the erroneous conclusion using a process of elimination years ago. It's clear to me now that Bleepo is Iance.
I hope that's not the same line of reasoning you use when developing content. There were a lot more people in AnH than Lance, Furst, Stairs and Wharhogg, which I guess is the small group of people you are basing your erroneous process of elimination on. You should go back to the drawing board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correl...mply_causation

Quote:
Project 2002 was launched on 20th of March 2015, the Ruins of Kunark expansion followed on 19th of June 2015
According to your screenshots Lance and Furst left the staff of p2002 in 2015, which is almost 3 years ago now. Wharhogg and some friends killed the Sleeper 4+ years ago on Al Kabor after weeks of being trained and trolled by the resident players.

All I am getting from your post is that you guys need to move on with your life, and do something relaxing for a change, you know like playing on P2002 for example [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2018, 03:41 AM
Kobold

I didn't want to post here again, because you troll to get replies to keep the thread bumped, but since you brought up the AK community and accuse them of being the villains, (while using Al'Kabor in your server title no less) I'll post one of the few images Secrets didn't.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gives you some idea why they all hide behind anonymity. (or try to anyway)
Old 04-25-2018, 04:08 AM
Orc

None of the P2002 staff are in this thread besides fryguy (aka Trust), they're not hiding behind anonymity, they're hiding from abrasive people like you, and have long realized that posting here is completely pointless.

See:

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2873
Closed Thread